SSgt Charles \"Mike\" (Shorty) Long

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6628 by
Today, Sept 3, 2007, SSgt Charles \"Mike\" (Shorty) Long passed away in a Florida hospital. Friday, Shorty got into a motorcycle accident. He lost control of his bike and struck a telephone phone. He was rushed to a near-by hospital. He was in a coma and bleeding in his brain. I got word he passed away today as a result of his injuries.
SSgt Long leaves behind his girlfriend and their unborn son. He was stationed at Moody AFB, GA as a member of the elite 823d Security Forces Squadron. He was a veteren of both Operation Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.
He was a good cop, great K9 handler, a better trainer, and you couldn't ask for a more loyal friend. I am glad I could call him mine.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6629 by
I would like to pass on my best wishes and condolances to Master Justice and the families of both of his much loved freinds... May the Force Be With You All in this darkest of times.

Arrastarra (Shane Gibson) Jedi Knight

\"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.\"

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #6630 by Jon
And he will always be with you Br.Jeff, as is the Force!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6631 by
Into your will, O Force,
we humbly entrust this brother.
In this life you embraced him with your power;
deliver him now from every evil
and bid him enter eternal rest,
Once more part of the Force.

The old order has passed away:
welcome him then into paradise,
where there will be no sorrow, no weeping nor pain,
but the fullness of peace and joy
for ever and ever.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6632 by
i offer my condolences to you, your family, and thier families for the losses you all have to endure. loss, grief is different for each of us within. i send positive energy for all of your grief to be tolerable and swift to pass.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6633 by
His family and friends are in my thoughts...such a sad news...I am sorry for your loss.

May the Force be with you in your grief,

-Asta Sophi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6638 by
While I am sorry for the loss of your friend, I am sorry for his girlfriend and his unborn child, May The Force be with them in their times of need and know that life does not end here, he will be apart of the greater force that surrounds them and be ever present through their child.
MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6680 by
i hope the family will be alright. and i hope you will be ok brother. its a shame how many we say good bye to to quick to early. maybe we will understand the mess of it all.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi