Mi Abuelo (My Grandfather)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #53309 by
Eight years ago yesterday, my grandfather passed away. This was the first time I was unable to visit his burial site on that day, as I no longer live in the US, where he died. Despite this, however, I chose to visit a local place of worship to say a prayer, something I have not done in many years, and I felt as though his presence were with me in the stillness of the sanctuary. Though the last he knew of me was when I was but fourteen years of age, and my Spanish was possibly at its weakest, it was as though he were with me in there here and now, just for a moment.

"The ones we love never truly leave us." Enjoy the time you have with the people around you, even when they're gone. May the Force be with us all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #53325 by
Replied by on topic Mi Abuelo (My Grandfather)
I'm so glad you had that moment. I hope you're able to find a few more of those throughout your life. No matter how much time has passed, the place in your heart that holds them never quite heals. I'm sorry for your loss.

May the Force be with you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #53400 by
Replied by on topic Re: Mi Abuelo (My Grandfather)
There is at no time in our lives that we are truly alone. Every consciousness that has passed to the Force is near. If we call to them in the sacred silence of our meditation, our loved ones will be there. They will know you always and at any age, they are timeless.

May the Force bestow you the sacred silence that allows your loved ones to share the moments of love and peace.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi