My voice :(

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50241 by
Replied by on topic Re: My voice :(
The throat chakra is the healing one, it vibrate on the green frenquencies... You should meditate and reactivate it properly. Do a proper grounding and while doing a meditation focused on green things (as plants and trees, emerald-pure green things). While thinking to it, open your throat chakra and let the green light "filtering" through you. After, think to your vocal cords, and imagine them surrounded in this green and pure light... Let the light healling them.

It's a simple chakra technic, a reiki form or a biofeedback technic (many names for the same technic). If you are already trained to meditations/chakra... you'll heal in "no time" or real extra fast.

MTFBWY :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #50247 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: My voice :(
Several internationally renowned vocal coaches have told me that steaming is the best method - boil some water, put it in a bowl/open container in front of you, cover your head and the bowl with a tea towel or something similar to trap the steam and inhale the steam for a while. It works best if you do it in the evening before bed, and if you do it every day until your voice is better.

If you try to sing whilst still recovering ease your voice into it by warming up with some humming and doing some exercises on vowel sounds really really quietly, starting in the lower parts of your range where it should be easier and then only going higher once you feel comfortable. It will make things a lot easier, promise!

Hope your voice is feeling better soon :)

B.Div | OCP
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Ben. Reason: Typo
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50257 by
Yeah, I have some bulk eucalyptus leaves I did that with. Unfortunately I think I blew out my voice pretty bad. It's never been this bad! So its scary. Makes me think I did some permanent damage. We shall see!

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 2 months ago #50308 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: My voice :(
Just go for the booze. It will:

-disinfect
-increase blood flow
-Make you pass out, preventing you from using your voice.

:woohoo:

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50342 by
Unfortunately it also drys the vocal chords of the essential thin lining of mucous! Oh believe me, if it would help, I'd be downing the single malt since I can't partake of my sweet sweet ganjika!

• ren
    Registered
More
12 years 2 months ago #50349 by ren
Does it? I always have a grog, it never seemed to have a negative impact.

Eat the ganja instead of smoking it. That is, if you still care about your voice :P

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50354 by
Aye! But yer not a singer, are ye? I can honestly say I've never ordered a Grogg here in the good ole USA, where our beer is water and lumped in with draughts, and bitters etc. Before I started learning about vocal care, I used to down a hefeweisen with lemon before I sang at a gig. I'm not so sure that's the best option, now. If I regain my full vocal range again, I'm taking professional care of voice. Not drinking or smoking till after!

• ren
    Registered
More
12 years 2 months ago #50412 by ren
Amy winehouse was a singer. :laugh:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50446 by
Yup, she also didn't have my vocal range to care for. She had a good whiskey vocal range, like Joe Cocker. I'm a counter tenor who hangs in a baritone most of the time. My vocals are all over the place.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi