My Father

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #48767 by
My Father was created by
Very suddenly my father passed last night! ;(

I would appreciate any advice you guys could provide to help deal with the grief. As a side note, I appear to be okay emotionally, but my mother and sister are taking it very hard, anything I can do to dramatics help?

mtfbwy all!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 2 months ago #48768 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: My Father
Aw, Leetapix.. Sorry man....

Its natural to be sad, cry a little... Every reaction is natural, for those that have them...

I too am the strong one most if the time... I imagine how the passed person would want me to feel... Few would want me to be sad, instead, they (I think) would want me to remember the happy times, and be there to listen to, and comfort, those having a harder time.....

You, your mom and sister, are in my thoughts.....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #48769 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: My Father
Leetapix, I am very sorry to hear this, I am holding you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

If you need to grieve and cry then don't bottle it up, it will make you feel worse in the long run. As Jestor says, it is only natural to be sad.

With regard to your mum and sister, I doubt that there is anything much that you can do do ease their grief - my advice would be to just be there for them whilst they try to come to terms with what has happened, let them mourn and support them in whatever way you can. They will really appreciate it when they look back on this in the future.

May the force be with you always - and try to take heart in knowing that your father is now at one with the force - he also will always remain with you.

-Tog

B.Div | OCP
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Ben.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #48785 by
Replied by on topic Re: My Father
I can understand if it's not in your nature to cry over death, but it would seem to me you're either in shock and it will hit you later, or your sense of duty to appear strong to your mother and sister is out weighing your own need to grieve. It's often been my experience that women want an emotional response out of you to justify their own feelings. Women are often much more emotionally healthy than men because they are able to express their emotions with greater ease. Whatever the case, I wouldn't equate your mother's or sister's grief with drama, or the fact they may not understand your need to be strong for them. Everybody grieves differently. I never really grieved my grandfather's death until many years after the fact, when I had a dream that he came back to life and told me all the things he wish he could've told me in the ICU. Now I cry every time I think about that whole ordeal and how much I miss him *wipes a tear from eyes*. Whatever or however you go about this, remember "Death, yet the Force"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #48787 by
I'm so sorry for your loss and for having to see your mother and sister in such pain. As I have never had this experience myself, I cannot offer any words of personal advice. Just be there for them as I'm sure you normally are, anyway. If they believe in life after death, try to reassure them in their faith.

I wish you all the healing powers of the Force and will have you, your mother, and your sister in my thoughts.

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force..." - Master Yoda

More
12 years 2 months ago #48802 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: My Father
I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your mother and sister are in my thoughts. If there's anything I can do ... anything we can do, we're here for you.

MTFBWY

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #48816 by
Leetapix: I am sorry to read of your fathers passing. I am sending to you a prayer for comfort and strength. May you greive in a way that brings honor to your father's memory and leagacy. May you be stronger for your family members.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #48860 by
You and your family are in my thoughts too Leetapix.

More
12 years 2 months ago #48863 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: My Father
Thoughts going to you and your family, may you find each other in the Force now and forever.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #48865 by
Replied by on topic In Memory of a Departed Soul
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family tonight.

Rest assured that the strength you are experiencing has to do with your connection to your father. It is through our duties as a father that we learn to be strong for our family. It is our responsibility, our calling, to hold fast and comfort those that are distraught. In our fathers absence it falls upon us to maintain the family strength.

Family is the most important part of our lives and we must be there for them when times are tough. I send you my deepest thoughts of strength to help you cope until it is time for you to grieve...and you must grieve.

My deepest condolences.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi