Man's best friend

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #46952 by
Man's best friend was created by
My apologies for not being around the Temple much in the last few weeks but as some of you know, I have been dealing with a few issues at home, the main one being that my beloved dog, who has walked with me and my partner for the last 8 years, was dying. We rescued him from owners who thought that the way to look after an animal was to constantly feed it treats and never take it for a walk. After a strict exercise regime, his ability to enjoy life became matched only by his amazingly big heart. Always gentle and loved wherever he went, Popeye will also be remembered for his distinctive eyes (one brown and green, the other red and white), the result of his mixed breed heritage (part Staffordshire Bull Terrier, part Labrador). Many a lightworker commented on how he would give his love and energy freely to all those who needed it and even as he lay dying, Popeye still made sure that he saw us safely into 2012. As the New Year celebrations rang out and before the fireworks had faded from the sky, our beloved friend returned to the Force, going as he lived - in a blaze of colour and joy.

I know some people believe that animals are somehow lesser that humans, or that they don't have a soul that is as worthy but I disagree. We are all a part of the Force and our furry, feathered or even scaly friends are no different. So as an extra star lights up the sky today and with all my heart I honour the life that was. Death, yet the Force.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #46956 by
Replied by on topic Re: Man's best friend
Wow. He sounds like he was a wonderful dog. I definitely believe that animals have souls. My guide dog Charity is my partner and constant companion. I'm glad he was with you to ring in the new year. Smile. May the Force be with you.
Leena

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #46960 by
sorry for you loss mark. as a dog owner myself they are special friends, full of compassiona and love as well as one of the most forgiving being on earth. my sympathies to you and you partner.
RM

More
12 years 3 months ago #46976 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Man's best friend
Yes I agree 100% about animals, and think we are all equally the Force, its just our physical limitations seem to dictate how we see ourselves and behave to each other most of the time. I was sorry to read about the loss, May be the Force be with you Popeye!!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #46978 by
That we get to know and be friends with any being outside the realm of humanity, is a blessing. Dogs are one of those creatures that have evolved with us since man first gathered in groups. Dogs have a special mentality that has formed to relate especially to humans. They are the deepest felt animal companion we can have. I've often felt more sad when a dog dies, than when a human dies. So, I feel for you. I've lost a few doggie friends in this life. I'm greatful for the companionship they've given me. Especially at times when I've felt most at odds with the world. They never judge you if you feed and walk them, enough :)!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #47008 by
Anyone that says a dog doesn't have a soul doesn't have a soul themselves.

MTFBWY.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #47013 by
Best wishes to you, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. My dog is like my child, as it seems yours was as well. He has been released from his pain, remember there is no death there is the force. Good luck and MTFBWY.

More
12 years 3 months ago #47015 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Re: Man's best friend
My condolence for your loss, Mark. He certainly was one of the best friends you may have encountered on your journey. May the Force be with You and he remain on your side by that.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi