Model Kit of the Jedi Temple at Coruscant.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
15 years 2 months ago #21533 by Jon
Hi Jedi, I am looking for a model kit of the Jedi Temple at Coruscant. Any ideas or tips where?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago #21534 by
GrandMaster, I have scoured the internet. It doesn't seem like a model of the Temple exists as of yet.

Perhaps a few emails to the right people could remedy that.

I'll start it. I'm going to email Hasbro and Revell about it.

If enough of us talk, we might be able to get a member exclusive for the fanclub. If even MORE of us ask for it, maybe we can make it mainstream.

The feedback for Revell is http://www.revell.com/feedback.html

The Customer Service email to Hasbro is CustomerService@HasbroToyShop.com

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
15 years 2 months ago #21537 by Jon
That sounds like a great idea Grand Master Josh I will get onto that too. Thanks for the idea!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago #21540 by
Master Jon - want a job doing properly - do it yourself ;)

Im not kidding - the temple of cora-thingy is an easy project to do completely by yourself ie scratch building.

As you may or may not know - I used to do a lot of wargaming - and scenery was always way too expensive to buy so I used to build it myself - im sure If can scratch build stalingrad - that a un harmed jedi temple shouldnt be too much of an issue ;)

Look at the temple in its simplest forms - I a bunch of 'boxes' use foam card to build these boxes - then start adding the extras - ie work from biggest shapes down to smallest and then ultimately the fine details last

Do a google search (or whatever) for wargaming terrain/scenery building - the only problem you actually have is what sort of scale you want to work in ie how big you want the final item.

I reckon you could build an excellent temple replica for about £10 (assuming you have some basic craft gear around the house already)

If this sounds like the way you want to go about this - then let me know - I'll do what I can to help you out - if you do decide this route sounds good - templtes are not a problem - you do these yourself on your printer ;)

MTFBWY - A

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #21549 by
Another possiblity but they WILL be expensive is forgeworld - they do resin models of this sort of thing

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk

Anyway - dont expect anything too soon - but at some point I'll work on a 'kit' for ppl to build a temple out of whatever they want (cardboard, foam card, plastic sheeting, acrylic etc) but first stage is finding a decent picture of the temple for myself :D

Also - dont forget there were many jedi temples of varying designs in the expanded universe but if you insist on Coruscant then here is a description for you to run riot through your imagination

http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/jeditemple/

From the Movies
Removed from the surrounding bustle and urban sprawl by benefit of its colossal height, the Jedi Temple was the home of the Jedi order on Coruscant. It stood alone in its section of the planet-wide city, a towering edifice capped by a crown of five spires that housed the most important temple chambers.

Within one of the outer spires convened the Jedi High Council, the governing body of the order. From its circular Council chamber, a ring of 12 Jedi Masters held court, monitoring galactic events and contemplating the nature of the Force. It was the Council that held final authority on Jedi missions on behalf of the Republic, and on whether prospective candidates were worthy of training.

Elsewhere in the temple, training facilities were staffed by revered Jedi Masters, who guided young Padawans in their first steps toward Jedi Knighthood. The most influential of Masters had private offices to plan and meditate. A well-stocked library contained knowledge from across the galaxy. Advanced communications networks kept the Jedi in touch with galactic events, and landing pads allowed Jedi transports and vessels to launch and land.

In its final years, the Council was led by senior Jedi Mace Windu and Yoda, two very powerful Jedi Masters. At the time of Palpatine's ascendancy to Supreme Chancellor, the Council contained such Jedi luminaries as Ki-Adi-Mundi, Depa Billaba, Eeth Koth, Even Piell, Saesee Tiin, Yarael Poof, Oppo Rancisis, Plo Koon, Yaddle, and Adi Gallia.

When the galaxy was pushed beyond the brink of conflict and into full scale civil war, the Jedi became the reluctant leaders of the Republic military. During the Clone Wars, the Jedi Temple came to house military-style briefing chambers and war rooms -- spaces unneeded in the preceding millennia of relative peace. It was a time of tumultuous change, and not even the gleaming corridors of the Jedi Temple were spared.

With the rise of Emperor Palpatine, in truth a secret Sith Lord scheming to overtake the galaxy, the Jedi were branded enemies of the state. Palpatine's new apprentice, Darth Vader, stormed the Jedi Temple with his elite clone trooper special forces in tow. They cut down the Jedi ranks within the temple, not even sparing the younglings who cowered in the empty Jedi Council chamber during the onslaught.

Smoke billowed from the burning Jedi Temple. Palpatine arranged for an emergency transmission to emit from the temple's powerful beacon -- it announced that the war was over, and that all Jedi return to Coruscant. Seeing through this trap, Jedi Masters Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda infiltrated the temple and modified the transmission, warning the Jedi to stay away.

From the Expanded Universe
The Jedi Temple stood for over 4,000 years, first erected as the Jedi transferred their headquarters from Ossus to Coruscant. A long, broad promenade led the way from the crowded surroundings to the Jedi Temple, to a ceremonial staircase crowned with the statues of two Warrior Masters and two Sage Masters. This in turn led to the more formal entrance, where massive block-like pylons stood adorned with sculptures of the Four Masters that founded the temple.

The ziggurat base and its crowning spires were an ancient design, constructed to symbolize a Padawan's ascent to enlightenment. The kilometer-high structure was an anachronistic sight to behold compared to the modern skyscrapers of the megalopolitan planet. At the heart of the temple sits the peak of the original sacred spire where the first Jedi Temple was constructed.

The center-most of the five spires was the most sacred section of the building. Inside were housed the original manuscripts of the founding Jedi. The other four spires contained important council chambers dedicated to governing the order. Aside from the Jedi High Council, there was the Council of First Knowledge, the Council of Reconciliation, and the Reassignment Council.

Other chambers within the Jedi Temple included the Room of a Thousand Fountains, which featured a huge greenhouse, flowing waters and cascades. The temple also included lightsaber training areas and an area that provided views of giant holographic star maps.

When the Empire came to power, the Jedi Temple was scoured of its inhabitants; the Jedi were routed and exterminated by Darth Vader and his ruthless 501st legion of clone troopers. Once the Temple was pacified, Palpatine raided its vast archives, stealing away with a horde of precious Jedi lore which he stored in secret repositories on such worlds as Wayland and Byss. The Jedi Temple still stood during his regime, but it was an empty husk of its former glory and a stark reminder of the consequences of rebellion against the Empire.

With the great upheavals that would strike Coruscant throughout the Galactic Civil War, the Jedi Temple eventually crumbled, but with the New Republic as stewards of the Galactic capital, Luke Skywalker eventually came to erect a Jedi headquarters on the old site of the Temple. The Yuuzhan Vong invasion that radically altered Coruscant's cityscape would reveal the ancient foundations of the Temple to sunlight for the first time in years. With the defeat and expulsion of the Yuuzhan Vong, Luke Skywalker's Jedi order would construct a new Jedi Temple on Coruscant, using the old temple as a template. During the time of Darth Krayt's reign, decades later, this structure would become the Temple of the Sith.

Behind the Scenes
George Lucas wanted the Jedi Temple to stand out in the metropolis of the galactic capital world. He asked the Art Department to produce sketches of a distinctive and unique building that would suggest the special religious nature of the great structure.

MTFBWY - A
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by .

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #21550 by Jon
Yet another great idea even if it means work:S . I did think about it but I think my lazy side said no. But you managed to put that flea in my ear. I think I will have a go at it. And since it was you who put me onto this I will certainly get back to you.:P I did see a reference to architectural plans for the Temple.

Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Jon.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago #21551 by
Leave it to Master Rich to come up with a frugal alternative. :)

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
15 years 2 months ago #21554 by Jon

Attachments:

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
15 years 2 months ago #21555 by Jon

Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago #21563 by
The problem with off the shelf kits are many - for a start - you are looking at at least £40 for such a kit - being starwars related you got licenses to deal with (lucas etc)

Next issue is the moulds for these kits tend to be poo and you end up with a kit that doesnt fit properly - like wise the detailing of things like windows and doors will be bad

Frankly - the pleasure of scratch building outways the rewards of finishing a kit by miles - there is simply no comparison and as I said - there are many temples you could recreate in miniature - this one being the most complex and the hardest part I see on this one is the towers

Anyway - where there's a will there's a way ;)

MTFBWY - A

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi