Myths and Monsters

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316027 by
Myths and Monsters was created by
Stumbled on this series on Netflix. First episode covers the "Heroes Journey" by Campbell quite well and touches on its influence on Lucas in "A New Hope". Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIhMa5J8fZI

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316031 by
Replied by on topic Myths and Monsters
I saw that. It tied in pretty close to that section of the IP. Unfortunately I stumbled upon this a week after I had already submitted my journal entry on "the hero's journey"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316051 by

JosephCrawley wrote: I saw that. It tied in pretty close to that section of the IP. Unfortunately I stumbled upon this a week after I had already submitted my journal entry on "the hero's journey"

Not to worry, Joseph. The Hero's Journey will likely be a recurring theme throughout your studies here. My own copy of "Hero With a Thousand Faces" by Campbell is full of highlighter, notes, and dogged eared pages at this point :laugh:. I just can't get enough of the wisdom he has to share!

More
6 years 1 month ago #316054 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Myths and Monsters
Didn't I recommend this in another thread? ;) I told you guys it was good, another person confirming it!!! Watch if you have Netflix, seriously :D

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316137 by
Might give this a spin when I get back from vacation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #316443 by Locksley
Replied by Locksley on topic Myths and Monsters
This series was pretty good, overall, though also very basic. I liked it because it had a couple of myths I hadn't heard before, and some of the artwork was fun; it was totally worth having it on in the background while I did knitting.

I'd love to find more series' dealing with mythology. Cosmos, but for mythology?

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi