[Warning Possible Spoilers] Force Awakens discussion (Post viewing) (Warning Spoilers)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #214507 by
Yeah, I think it was pretty good. I would see it again for sure. The special effects were good and it kept to the storyline pretty well.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Used spoiler tags, but didn't read full thread yet

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #214517 by
On spoilers, I feel as though there are some movies where the whole "I don't want to see any spoilers" thing is a bit ridiculous (i.e. the first Star Trek reboot), but since Abrams made a point of dragging out the teasers and purposefully keeping the plot of the film a secret, I feel like, in this instance, spoilers would really ruin some of the magic. Can you imagine the frustration and disappointment if people ruined the revelation that Vader was Luke's father in ESB after George Lucas did everything he could to keep the secret from everyone including the cast themselves?

There are certain films where part of the fun is the revelation of major plot point, but in this case Abrams has kept almost the entirety of the film a secret and people have been waiting ever so patiently to see it. To spoil it isn't just to reveal the plot to someone who hasn't seen it, it's to disrespect someone else's patience and excitement to see the film they've been waiting for. To me, it seems selfish to spoil it for others who were not able to see within the couple of days it's been released.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #214959 by Jestor
Ok, opening weekend is over, please confine commnets to this thread for the time being...

Spoilers are now ALLOWED in this thread...

BE SURE TO PLACE ALL SPOILER CONTENT OF YOUR REPLY IN SPOILER BOXES USING THE SPOILER BUTTON IN THE FORMATTING TOOL BOX OR MANUALLY BETWEEN SPOILER TAGS OR THEY WILL BE EDITED.

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Proteus.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #214967 by
THERE ARE SPOILERS IN MY POST, SO READ AT OWN RISK!!! THERE ARE SPOILERS IN MY POST, SO READ AT OWN RISK!!!

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #214981 by
I am typing what I hope is an entire line of text so that none of what's in the spoiler tag shows up in the preview box below... B) There that should be enough.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #214989 by
Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #214990 by Edan
I had a lot of thoughts about the film, although some have been covered here, however........................

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215007 by
I have so many complaints it is hard to list them all ..... :dry:

The Good

However....I don't watch Star Wars solely for the Action.

The few of many parts I disliked

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215009 by

Edan wrote: I had a lot of thoughts about the film, although some have been covered here, however........................

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215010 by Proteus
This is my SPOILER REVIEW of Episode VII, where I share my thoughts on the plot, the characters, the production, and other things.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Proteus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi