• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #178109 by
LucasArts games on GOG was created by
A few more classic Star Wars games showed up on GOG.com today:
http://www.gog.com/games##sort=bestselling&devpub=disney&page=1

Currently available: X-Wing: Special Edition, TIE Fighter: Special Edition, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter, X-Wing Alliance, Dark Forces, Galactic Battlegrounds Saga, Knights of the Old Republic, Knights of the Old Republic II, and Battlefront II.

And for fans of Lucas adventure games (like myself): Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Sam & Max Hit the Road, and The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition are now on the site as well.

Even more LucasArts/Lucasfilm games are being released on GOG in just over a day! Most of these are full price at the moment, but keep an eye out for one of the site's frequent sales.

All games sold on GOG are DRM-free (no copy protection schemes or online checks) and compatible with modern computers, and once you purchase a game you have the option to back it up or download it again any time.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #178110 by
Replied by on topic LucasArts games on GOG
*Puts on list of times I regret buying a Macintosh for college*

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #178113 by

Connor L. wrote: *Puts on list of times I regret buying a Macintosh for college*

GOG has a ton of Mac and Linux games - and will often offer versions for other computers/operating systems over time.

Unfortunately, as you noticed, all of the Star Wars games are Windows only at the moment. :pinch:

Glancing at the GOG community, it looks like Linux users have successfully emulated some of these games. Do you happen to have something like Wine or Boot Camp or a virtual Windows installation?

Here's the list of Mac games on GOG if you're interested. There are some great (non-SW) games available.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #178115 by
Hahah. Yeah, it's not a big deal. :side: There are actually some SW games on the Mac App store from Apple. I've gotten my fill of KOTOR and games of that ilk that way.

However, it does happen from time to time that games I want to play will only be released for Windows. That is just a short facepalm moment, and a reminder that the next time I buy a computer, I'm going to get something that runs windows. I'm sure this Macbook will die in a couple years anyway. :P Or, become obsolete.

For example, I'd like to play Skyrim... I know I have a Windows 7 disk around here (I got it from my university for 30 dollars! Can you believe it?!?!). I bootcamped my last laptop, but that one died. And, I never got around to redoing the boot camp. Maybe this summer when I have more time for games. :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #178117 by

Connor L. wrote: Maybe this summer when I have more time for games. :)

haha... That's always my issue too. I've collected so many great games (that I'd actually like to play), but I'm guessing it will be a while before I have an opportunity to enjoy most of them.

Case in point, I have a physical copy of KOTOR (from 2003) sitting on my shelf that I still plan on playing. :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #178366 by
Star Wars: Rebellion, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D, and Star Wars: Empire at War are now available as well.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #178883 by
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Star Wars: Republic Commando, and Star Wars: Starfighter were added today.

More
9 years 1 month ago #180630 by J. K. Barger
Replied by J. K. Barger on topic LucasArts games on GOG
Bahhhh!! I have a MAC!!!! Arrrrgh!! I swear I'm going to get a regular laptop just to game. I want to play TOR soooooo
baaad..

The Force is with you, always.

More
9 years 1 month ago #180631 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic LucasArts games on GOG

J. K. Barger wrote: Bahhhh!! I have a MAC!!!! Arrrrgh!! I swear I'm going to get a regular laptop just to game. I want to play TOR soooooo
baaad..

One of the KOTOR games (number 2 I think) is on mac. Not really a substitute for a full mmo but it always lessens my annoyance for a while :)

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #180633 by
GOG usually tries to get games compatible with today's technology, but I know Dark Forces and Dark Forces II don't work.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi