Training ... Finding a Master

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #3955 by
No matter if you joined today or have been a member for several months you may join and complete the seminar Spirit Wind anytime and at your own pace.

It will be an ongoing discussion with the comments of those who've gone before adding a richness that we'd loose by being rigid in this type of experience.

This is the first order of business in Training. Do not hurry.

For each chapter post why you liked or did not like it. If you learned or feel something new and any questions. I will read and post my comments each Saturday.

Please PM if you're shy or if you just don't want your question public for any reason.

When you have finished Spirit Wind you will have a personal master.

The textbook is The Book by Alan Watts and it is not expensive. You may download it here for your study purposes only and you should buy the book as soon as you can. It's something that you'll grab off the shelf years later and read again.

MTFBWYA,

Br. John+

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Hint: right-click and save as ....<br><br>Post edited by: Br. John, at: 2007/07/10 22:47

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9217 by
Replied by on topic Re:Training ... Finding a Master
waht do i do to join Spirit Wind.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9286 by
Simply read the book and post your comments about the material, that is all. It does not have to be lengthy but it should reflect you feelings and thoughts on the subjects therein. it seems simple to say but and it really isn't all that hard but i am offering my assistance and if anyone needs anything at all i have been told i am a good tutor so if anyone needs any help, i can offer or i can find someone to help. So continue to ask away.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #17665 by
Where do I find the book?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #17667 by
Located in the Jedi Forum on left side under training and library. I might also recommend listening to the Joseph Campbell lectures. Then make posts about what you have read and listened to.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #17669 by
Or scroll up this page a little anf follow the instructions in Brjohns post ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19355 by
Very helpful thread, thank you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19360 by
Well I just finished \&quot;The Book\&quot; and I have to say I'm glad that other people can put their thoughts in words better than I can. I loved this reading, especially the black and white game. Maybe its just me but things get easier when you put them in game form :) In the first chapter there was a saying that he mentioned that changed the way I look at relationships, and just life in general. \&quot;Genuine love comes from knowledge not a sense of duty or obligation\&quot; I'm paraphrasing but that’s the jist of it. Wow gave me chills. It was kind of weird to think of the things I learned in an art history class as ways of perceiving the word around me. How or vision and perception is stolen but a moving object. How no single entity is moving on our own but the universe as a whole is moving with us. Its crazy to think of things like that but I guess metaphysics has a point there. I guess my biggest problem with \&quot;the book\&quot; as a whole would be how hospitals ect. were boiled down to liberal guilt. I like to think of them as having a bigger role in the universe than that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19374 by
Very good insight! and yes how true about love, I felt the same way when reading.

I also tend to agree the hospitals were viewed Very cynical, however there is much truth in it. i think as someone once said \&quot;many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view\&quot;.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #302091 by

princeofcats wrote: Well I just finished \&quot;The Book\&quot; and I have to say I'm glad that other people can put their thoughts in words better than I can. I loved this reading, especially the black and white game. Maybe its just me but things get easier when you put them in game form :) In the first chapter there was a saying that he mentioned that changed the way I look at relationships, and just life in general. \&quot;Genuine love comes from knowledge not a sense of duty or obligation\&quot; I'm paraphrasing but that’s the jist of it. Wow gave me chills. It was kind of weird to think of the things I learned in an art history class as ways of perceiving the word around me. How or vision and perception is stolen but a moving object. How no single entity is moving on our own but the universe as a whole is moving with us. Its crazy to think of things like that but I guess metaphysics has a point there. I guess my biggest problem with \&quot;the book\&quot; as a whole would be how hospitals ect. were boiled down to liberal guilt. I like to think of them as having a bigger role in the universe than that.

Gave me chills seeing you type it lol

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi