Proof of Concept

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 4 months ago #364739 by
Proof of Concept was created by
Magic is Science. Science is Philosophy. You're not in Thr Matrix, you are in A matrix. Life is just an infinite repeating cycle of cycles. Chaos is 1000s of instances or Order executing simultaneously. You are just aware of that now. I'm a Blessing and you're welcome.

Spicey as Always,
Uldric Woodrun

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #364744 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Proof of Concept

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
2 years 4 months ago #364745 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Proof of Concept
You're going to have to explain what you are trying to say unsoundscientist

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
2 years 4 months ago #364749 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Proof of Concept
I understood it ;)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

More
2 years 4 months ago #364754 by Diana W
Replied by Diana W on topic Proof of Concept
how I understand this (and is what I believe, and some can be researched):

Magic is Science. - True. In the past magic, as it were, was a science. Astrology became astronomy. Alchemy became chemistry. Etc.

Science is Philosophy. - Philosophy was before science. Geometry was philosophy before it was math. Physics was philosophy before it was science.

You're not in The Matrix, you are in A matrix. - We live in a mass-conscious world that agrees upon what reality is and how we live in it. We alter it, and are subject to it every day.

Life is just an infinite repeating cycle of cycles. - Plants live and die and live in their cycles. Reincarnation is believed by many spiritual paths. It was even in the bible before it was removed.

Chaos is 1000s of instances or Order executing simultaneously. - The world is full of natural laws and, like the circle is the preferred shape that all other shapes come from, Order is typically the preferred movement of events. When many events occur simultaneously, it appears to be Chaos.

Journals:
. IP . Apprentice . Personal . Healing . Degree . Seminary

Previous: House of Orion
Previous TM : Zero

Life is a sum of all your choices; So, what are you doing today?
― Albert Camus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Lykeios Little Raven, Serenity Amyntas,

More
2 years 4 months ago #364763 by Lykeios Little Raven

dwagoonie wrote: how I understand this (and is what I believe, and some can be researched):

Magic is Science. - True. In the past magic, as it were, was a science. Astrology became astronomy. Alchemy became chemistry. Etc.

Science is Philosophy. - Philosophy was before science. Geometry was philosophy before it was math. Physics was philosophy before it was science.

You're not in The Matrix, you are in A matrix. - We live in a mass-conscious world that agrees upon what reality is and how we live in it. We alter it, and are subject to it every day.

Life is just an infinite repeating cycle of cycles. - Plants live and die and live in their cycles. Reincarnation is believed by many spiritual paths. It was even in the bible before it was removed.

Chaos is 1000s of instances or Order executing simultaneously. - The world is full of natural laws and, like the circle is the preferred shape that all other shapes come from, Order is typically the preferred movement of events. When many events occur simultaneously, it appears to be Chaos.

Yea, was gonna type something up before I saw this…=D heheh. Well said guys

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 3 months ago #364802 by
Replied by on topic Proof of Concept
Mostly, what I'm trying to say is, if you want to understand Chaos you have to understand Order. Chaos is order, but the players are at war. Peace is when all the orders coexist. Sorry that all came out like nonesense. But it you look at the grand scale it is. So, if it doesn't make sense, step closer till it does. That trail is endless, so at some point you just have to say, "yep, that's how it works." Otherwise, you break your brain.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 3 months ago #364803 by
Replied by on topic Proof of Concept
If you want to understand the world, you need to understand yourself. That, in my opinion, is what it means to be a Jedi. A Jedi is a Master of Themselves :D

More
2 years 3 months ago #364806 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Proof of Concept

unsoundscientist wrote: If you want to understand the world, you need to understand yourself. That, in my opinion, is what it means to be a Jedi. A Jedi is a Master of Themselves :D

Yet, that sort of mastery doesn't keep itself up. It isn't something that, once achieved, is owned forever. Self mastery is like any other skill which needs constant practice, abandoning any hope of perfection (or anything else possibly attached to an "immortality project" - cf. Ernest Becker)

We also need to be very cautious that we are not puffing up another ego crutch and calling it "self-mastery". Even in the lives of Masters (perhaps especially - when one "should" know better, but then falls in one's own existential excrement anyway. Y'know ???)
B)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Kobos, River, Vincent Causse

More
2 years 3 months ago #364818 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Proof of Concept

unsoundscientist wrote: Mostly, what I'm trying to say is, if you want to understand Chaos you have to understand Order.

See, this sounds vaguely reasonable, and one is intriqued, curious to hear you out, but then the very next thing you say is

Chaos is order, but the players are at war. Peace is when all the orders coexist.

and I, for one, am completely lost as to what it is you are talking about anymore. At the risk of sounding rude, I daresay it might even bring into question whether the former statement sounded so sensible because you actually understood any part of what you were saying or purely on accident, fueled perhaps by the reader's own charity than it was by any profundity of the statement in question.

... So, if it doesn't make sense, step closer till it does. That trail is endless, so at some point you just have to say, "yep, that's how it works." Otherwise, you break your brain.

Why do you think so? Why do you reckon the quest for understanding some specific thing is endless? I would probably grant that it may be longer and more arduous than to be finished or exhausted by any one individual person. Perhaps this was what you meant by this, but I have kind of run out of charity in the beginning of the post, so I'll propose this as an alternative view, rather than as an interpretation of yours: Our lives are finite and so are our other resources. There are problems we have realistically very slim chances at solving within a lifetime, or on our own, and we'd perhaps be well advised to "choose our battles", so to speak; to decide not so much what we individually declare to be "how it works", but rather to draw a blurry line in the sand to say that this is how deep we individually wish or find cost-effective to dig. The statement, then, is not that this is an exhaustive description, but rather that it is a preliminary and admittedly crude model that we use to branch out from to pursue our current purposes, leaving our fellow researchers or future generations to grow the main trunk from whence we had departed for our needs. We reap in this manner both benefits, in that we get to care about what's practically most pressing at the moment, but without paying the price of closing our minds to further, and arbitrarily severe, changes to the base assumptions on which we build our solution.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Causse

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi