Lightsabers ARE possible

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #306883 by
Replied by on topic Lightsabers ARE possible

Arisaig wrote:

Jaedon Adar-Barnaby wrote: @Arisaig- Both actually lol and it could be enough if the deflection is well placed. Though against more opponents I'd recommend matching firepower. Do you not feel sensitive to The Force though? I wouldn't think you'd be here if you didn't "hear the call"./.l

Well yeah, but not to a level to block bullets with anything besides a shield. XD There is a difference between hearing the call of the Force and being able to do the physically impossible. ;P You can place a deflection wherever you want, but if it ain't where the bullets are, you're gonna lose.

EDIT: To explain, the "call" pulls me towards doing my best in all situations, always. To grow always.
I can grow all I want and do my very best in that kind of situation, but still, blocking even a sinlge shot would be powerball odds.

Like I said, I wouldn't limit anyone to just lightsabers. That would be.. unwise lol..
And perhaps, for now, it would be physically impossible.. but The Force is powerful. Trust me, we can't limit it. We only limit ourselves..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #306884 by
For me, in my early life, it started as a whisper also.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by .

More
6 years 3 months ago #307969 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic Lightsabers ARE possible
I personally think the most reasonable lightsaber-type weapon would be something like a collapsable stun baton. With a little studying, making a functional "stun saber" wouldn't be too difficult (especially with access to things like 3D printing technology). Could also have variable settings without too much more effort (even electronic cigarettes allow you to adjust the output of electricity), and that could allow for any number of different uses. While certainly not as flashy as the lightsabers in movies, it would still be a sword or staff-type weapon -- and unlike the movie lightsabers, a collapsable stun weapon would minimize your chances of killing someone in self-defense. There are cases where a stun weapon can kill someone, but I would sooner encourage someone to carry one than to carry a literal plasma blade (if they feel they need a tool for self-defense).
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #311289 by
I dont think its possible. You cant stop light without something keeping it in place, the light would go in every direction.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #311296 by
Maybe they are. This is because it is possible to control plasma and plasma is what the blade is made of. Kyber crystal powers the death star. It also powers lightsabers. The death star shoots plasma proving my point.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #311300 by

Thanasis wrote: Maybe they are. This is because it is possible to control plasma and plasma is what the blade is made of. Kyber crystal powers the death star. It also powers lightsabers. The death star shoots plasma proving my point.

Well, lasers, which is light. Even lightsabres are supposed to be called laser swords (thank goodness for Sir Alec Guinness for making them sound more elegant). but still, even the name lightsaber says light, making it a laser. ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #311417 by
and lasers are basically light and you can't stop light.

More
4 years 5 months ago #344811 by Malicious
Replied by Malicious on topic Lightsabers ARE possible
I have been looking into this for a little while and the closest we have are the proto sabers that the hacksmith crew made and done several videos on YouTube , I would recommend watching them .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi