Microsoft's 'teen girl' AI turns into a Hitler-loving sex robot within 24 hours

  • Snowy Aftermath
  • Snowy Aftermath's Avatar
  • Guest
25 Mar 2016 06:17 #235574 by Snowy Aftermath
I didn't expect people to get so serious in this thread xD. This is what people do in their recreational time online... Cause mischief. I think it's funny ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Akkarin
  • Akkarin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
25 Mar 2016 10:35 #235584 by Akkarin

ren wrote: Trolling an AI with sex and politics proves nothing other than trolling with sex and politics is a cheap and accessible form of entertainment to english-speaking tech-savvy twitter users.


Or it shows that when a group of scientists and engineers come together to create something they think is really cool they won't account for something and it spectacularly backfires. They didn't account for the internet being the internet, they also didn't account for them accounting for the internet being the internet.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Streen
  • Streen's Avatar
  • Guest
26 Mar 2016 12:39 #235769 by Streen
We are flawed, so by logic, anything we create will also be flawed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2016 14:21 #235781 by rugadd
Unless the flaw is part of the perfection.
:lol:

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan, Snowy Aftermath

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2016 17:07 - 27 Mar 2016 17:14 #235923 by OB1Shinobi
found this article the other day and its relevant to the AI theme of the thread so i thought this would be the place to share?

Computer wins on Jeopardy!

www.nytimes.com/2011/02/17/science/17jeo...?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


quick youtube


People are complicated.
Last edit: 27 Mar 2016 17:14 by OB1Shinobi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2016 10:32 #236000 by ren

Akkarin wrote:

ren wrote: Trolling an AI with sex and politics proves nothing other than trolling with sex and politics is a cheap and accessible form of entertainment to english-speaking tech-savvy twitter users.


Or it shows that when a group of scientists and engineers come together to create something they think is really cool they won't account for something and it spectacularly backfires. They didn't account for the internet being the internet, they also didn't account for them accounting for the internet being the internet.


I'm pretty sure the engineers knew what they were doing. This is a publicity stunt.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Snowy Aftermath
  • Snowy Aftermath's Avatar
  • Guest
28 Mar 2016 12:48 #236017 by Snowy Aftermath

ren wrote: I'm pretty sure the engineers knew what they were doing. This is a publicity stunt.


Actually, I agree.

These guys aren't idiots. They knew what they were up to.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Sven
  • Sven's Avatar
  • Guest
17 Aug 2016 08:34 #252643 by Sven
Laughed so hard, I cried. This was a good one. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • tzb
  • tzb's Avatar
  • Guest
17 Aug 2016 08:46 - 17 Aug 2016 08:47 #252645 by tzb

Snowy Aftermath wrote: These guys aren't idiots.


Having spent years using MS's software testing software, and having in that time found no less than 63 bugs in it (and counting), I'm inclined to disagree.
Last edit: 17 Aug 2016 08:47 by tzb.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Akkarin
  • Akkarin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
17 Aug 2016 09:09 #252648 by Akkarin

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

ren wrote: I'm pretty sure the engineers knew what they were doing. This is a publicity stunt.


Actually, I agree.

These guys aren't idiots. They knew what they were up to.


People aren't idiots, but people are often misinformed because they lack expertise. An intelligent engineer may have no knowledge of PR and a PR Manager may have no knowledge of engineering. When the two come together it only takes a little lack of communication for something to go amiss.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: RexZero