Microsoft's 'teen girl' AI turns into a Hitler-loving sex robot within 24 hours

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 days ago #235454 by
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/03/24/microsofts-teen-girl-ai-turns-into-a-hitler-loving-sex-robot-wit/?sf23071516=1

Warning: Spoiler!

The danger of AI isn't it will be evil, it's that we will be stupid. Stupid in response to it or stupid in its design. The nature of emergent features cannot by definition be controlled for prior to their emergence.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #235455 by
This is why we can't have nice things. - Your Mother
Last edit: 8 years 4 days ago by .

More
8 years 4 days ago #235457 by Manu
I wonder if the same could be said of human intelligence. With social networks being the predominant online "place" where people hang out, we are bound to encounter tons and tons of information. Does this information mold us? Especially for those who are particularly young and impressionable... is their worldview being shaped by the constant bombardment of consumist, anti-zionist, ultra-nationalist, hypersexualized content in the media?

From the results with this AI, it seems like a possibility. :dry:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #235459 by ren
In what way does this differ from google-bombing? this experiment looks kind of pointless to me, surely having it "undercover" would have been far more interesting. Trolling an AI with sex and politics proves nothing other than trolling with sex and politics is a cheap and accessible form of entertainment to english-speaking tech-savvy twitter users.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 8 years 4 days ago by ren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, rugadd, Brenna, Edan, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 days ago #235461 by

ren wrote: In what way does this differ from google-bombing? this experiment looks kind of pointless to me, surely having it "undercover" would have been far more interesting. Trolling an AI with sex and politics proves nothing other than trolling with sex and politics is a cheap and accessible form of entertainment to english-speaking tech-savvy twitter users.

This is very true. I wonder if they would get similar results if people didn't know it was an AI. Anyone who grew up with a toy that you could teach words or commands knows that humans will teach them dirty things for fun. The same is usually true when you get a new foreign friend for that matter.

More
8 years 4 days ago #235490 by rugadd
I would be more interested to know what that AI would come up with if it was given free reign to surf the web and not "outed" as anything.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, , OB1Shinobi,

More
8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #235494 by OB1Shinobi
she sounds great, can i get one in brunette? maybe late twenties/early thirties?

seriously, this just proves that people on the internet say dumb $h1t

i like the ideas of undercover and "autonomous"/"not outed as anything"

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 4 days ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #235500 by OB1Shinobi
ive been thinking about this and it occurred to me that this sort of "AI" could be a great way to poll public opinion - a psychology survey that appears to be a conversation with a real person

i bet it could eventually be used (in conjunction with other methods probably) to help to predict elections or shopping trends or something

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 4 days ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
8 years 3 days ago #235523 by Adder
Since when are chatbot's AI though, really :dry:
They are good for personality constructs when used to create 'new' memories.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

More
8 years 3 days ago #235564 by Carlos.Martinez3
Sad that we live in a world where that happened. Defiantly not ready yet for the masses

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi