• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 9 months ago #361625 by
Hi!
This will be a thread for discussing my 2021 Summer Camp Power Point:

Maat and the Force: Ancient Egyptian religious Ideology

OR anything else about Ancient Egyptian religion that interests you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 9 months ago #361640 by
So what exactly is to be discussed? The powerpoint is quite... threadbare. Titles and images, loosely tied to each other, with one page being overwhelmed with the titles of spells (extending far below the bottom of the powerpoint slide itself).

Overall, the powerpoint doesn't look finished. There is even a section that is fully empty except for the title scrawl.

I was very sceptical about opening anything that equates the Force and Ancient Egyptian Religion (something we know very little about, and also changed vastly over the course of the Ancient Egyptian's very impressive two millennia long civilisation). After going through the PowerPoint, I am now certain my scepticism was warranted.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 9 months ago #361644 by
Hi! Oh, did the audio not work? I'll check it again, it was supposed to start automatically.
The slides were just to illustrate what I was saying and avoid having a video of a person talking.
Obviously, the religion and philosophy of Ancient Egypt in no way exactly mirrors those of the Jedi Order, no more than any other religion does, but certain concepts - such as Maat - and certain writings - such as the Wisdom Texts and the Hymn to the Aten - explore similar concepts.

More
2 years 9 months ago #361649 by Manu
Couldn't open the file at all.

BTW you can export ppts into videos, to ensure smooth viewing (and listening) regardless of media port.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 9 months ago #361663 by
Thanks for the tip! I'm working on converting it to YouTube. I was extremely busy and let my eagerness to participate get ahead of me. I didn't just want to make a video of me standing there and talking and life got crazy and I didn't put in enough thought as to how I could record a slide presentation. There's a lesson in there for me :dry:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 9 months ago #361706 by
Here's the new link. Thanks again to Rosalyn J for helping me with this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyWGlGYDMfk

Sorry about this - I have broken brain right now.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 9 months ago #361708 by
reads as 'video is unavailable'.

More
2 years 9 months ago #361728 by River

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 9 months ago #361730 by
I think someone needed to authorise it? Anyway, after many trials and tribulations, we have managed at last :smile:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi