Ragnarok

More
6 years 1 month ago #314029 by Carlos.Martinez3
Ragnarok was created by Carlos.Martinez3
First off ,
Why don't we have a mythology section? Mythos area? Seems... lacking hu?
Any how-
The Norse end of the world . The twilight of the Norse gods. The snake comes and eats at the tree - the switch of mentality and faith - the changing of the gods - the fall of some the rise of others.

Your thoughts. ? Happened ? Awaiting ? Happen again ?
Please have in mind we are Jedi and believe in the inherit worth of all. I'm not asking to bash or drag sects organizations or religions. Use this to practice what you have faith in..
now : their downfall was the result of their own behavior ....
I look foward to this discussion and the results. .... let's see what ya got Jedi

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #314030 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Ragnarok
Snake : serpent - injects poison into Yggdrasill ---as of World mythology : Larousse

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 1 month ago #314031 by Carlos.Martinez3
Brothers fight and slay one another , children deny their own ancestory; the world is wicked and adultery prevails; this is the age of swords , of the battle ax that cleaves shields ; this is the age of wind, of wolf, until the very day when the world shall be no more.
Larousse world mythology

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 1 month ago #314032 by Carlos.Martinez3
Odin is the first victim of Fenrir, the wolf. Vidar pierces Fenrir s heart - Freyr ( the god of dazzling light) is killed by Surt ( the fire giant) Thor kills the serpent of Midgard with Mjolnir by crushing his head. Thor suffers from the conflict from breathing in the poison from the snake and on the 9 th step - falls dead. Loki seeks Hedall - the guard and gets slain by him. The guard kills Loki. This the great gods die and man kind dies with them
Larousse

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 1 month ago #314033 by Carlos.Martinez3
A new world rises from the void. The earth for the second time emerges from the waves, green and fresh. The twilight of the gods is no more than an episode the end of a world that is to be succeeded by another.
Larousse

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #314040 by
Replied by on topic Ragnarok
Ah, the tale of Ragnarok.

I find it to be a good example of the Norse/ancient Viking world view. Everything had a season, had a time and place. Even their gods and demons. The tale is a wonderful (and sometimes graphic) example of death and rebirth. Even as the Aseir lay defeated and the World Tree ends up in ruins, mankind survives and life starts anew. A seemingly endless cycle that represents the human lifespan. Birth, childhood, adulthood, death, and then birth again. Just like the turning of the seasons, so too does the universe go through stages of life to renew itself time and again.

So how will it end with us I wonder? Fire and brimstone? Or a gentle handover from one age to the next?

BTW, I'd love if there was a mythology/mythos section. Big myth geek from 10 years old onward.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 1 month ago #358572 by
Replied by on topic Ragnarok
Ragnarök is tough stuff and not that easy to interpret. It is also unclear whether the story was passed on correctly, because
the old Snorri really only wanted to write a textbook on the rhyme technique ... maybe it was just a coincidence that he passed
on the stories of the ancients in this way? Or was it on purpose? :)

Anyway ... to make it cruel: I don't know whether Ragnarök has already happened, is happening, or is just about to happen.
I think every age will find parallels here. Even today you could say that we are right in the middle of Ragnarök.

I like the idea of ​​taking Ragnarök into reality and turning the mythical traditions into facts. I once read that Yggdrasil could also
be the Milky Way, the nine worlds, nine galaxies and that Midgard is not about the earth, but our little part of the galaxy.
Ragnarök would then be the end of our galaxy ... or better: the complete transformation.

But we shouldn't forget that Snorri was a Christian and somehow wrote down the old stories in a church-friendly manner.
The end of Ragnarök with the rise of a new earth reads very, very Christian ... :)

As MisterHermitCO wrote, the northern people's view of the world was cyclical. Things arise, exist, pass, arise anew.

Maybe we are currently experiencing a third or fourth Ragnarök? ;)

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #358578 by Carlos.Martinez3
One of the very KEY things for my own practice is the idea of every Myth for every one in a way that I wont be too hard headed to understand that some times the circle of things can be destruction and new from death and loss.
Ragnarok is but ONE example I can think of where no matter some times the defense, seasons come and go ready or not. If its seasons, then we can track or trace a few things and be a bit BETTER prepared sometimes. Preparation is not most peoples focus so these type of story's for me remind me..."when its needed " or for such a time as this... then I can draw strength ... alone... from a story. I really do... go figure. From memories and ideas present, regardless where they are from sometimes. But that's me! I think gratefulness can take us to places we kinna can benefit from too... just dropping that out there LOL!
There CAN be life after failure ... or hardship or while in the belly of the fish ... this too shall pass hu?
Thanks for the Post Vandrar and may the Force CONTUNUE to be with ya!

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi