What is family to you?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #220583 by
What is family to you? was created by
What is family to you?

Hello oblivion blockade here again. What is family to you? I see a lot of people claiming others to be members if there family, only to be taking back when they fight.
Family=someone who shares the sane bloodline.
The means differ in my book.
My components are
Time+bond+ experience=family
The time can be a short period of time of long, but it all falls down to the bond and the experience.
Ex.
Two army men knows each other for only 7 months but build a bond threw what they experience in that short peri od of time

Open discussion
Thank you and may the force be with you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #220693 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic What is family to you?
id like to reach the point where i honestly see all people as family

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #220708 by
Replied by on topic What is family to you?
Family is my wife, the one person I can't live without and I really miss having by my side. The rest are relatives.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #220713 by
Family to me is the ones who are there for me,the ones tht truly care, whether they are blood or not. I have plenty of family tht I would say I care for bt I do not love them as I do others. Time makes an incredible bond and so does trust n honesty.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #220740 by
My family is my daughter and my dogs. I don't talk to other relatives anymore because they're... yeah. Quite a wretched hive of scum and villainy, to put it mildly.

I'd like to have friends to call my family. I am coming out of years and years of depression and would really like that to happen. I feel like I can finally do it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #220759 by
In the military I've formed stronger family bonds with the men i served with then people i grew up with that share the same blood line. The experiences and trials we face together make us family it makes us care for one anothers well being. Mutual respect for one another and building a level of trust creates a bond that you will have for eachother years after you've never seen eachother. Semper Fi (Always Faithful)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #220794 by

Jax Styder wrote: In the military I've formed stronger family bonds with the men i served with then people i grew up with that share the same blood line. The experiences and trials we face together make us family it makes us care for one anothers well being. Mutual respect for one another and building a level of trust creates a bond that you will have for eachother years after you've never seen eachother. Semper Fi (Always Faithful)

A truer statement could never be made brother. I've lived next to, fought next to, and would die next to any one of the men I serve with. A better family I could not ask for.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #220807 by
"The blood of the oath is thicker than the water of the womb", I don't feel particular bonds to most of my blood, but I have friends that I would consider siblings in a sense. I suppose I'd say it's those that regardless of how long you've been apart, you still have a good time when you are together again.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #220810 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic What is family to you?
Warning: Spoiler!

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Proteus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Alexandre Orion, Edan, Loudzoo, Kobos

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #221131 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic What is family to you?
Blood makes us related, loyalty makes us family

I call basically all of my close friends family, and in a way, this temple is a family :)
Just because we are of the same blood i do not see all my relatives as "real" family

To put it short i see all those that i can trust, that i feel like i belong with, as my family. Even if we are not related to eachother, because sometimes friends can be more loyal then relatives. However i do also see those that i live with, and some of my closer relatives as family.

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Yugen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, Kobos,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi