Astrology and Horroscopes

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #175242 by
Replied by on topic Astrology and Horroscopes
I've never really put much stock in either one. They always seemed rather vague and what little detail they did give was frequently wrong in my case. The closest I came to believing in horoscopes was after reading "The Book" as part of the IP. There is one part where Watts talks about how he thinks astrology could be sort of right.

If you assume that when we are born (or conceived depending on how you think of it) that we are created out of the energy around us at that time then it stands to reason that people born around the same time would have been manifested out of similar energy. These energies may be effected by the earth's position in space and thus be on a cycle as it moves and comes back to the same points. If people are born of the same energy pool then they might be similar in personality.

There are a lot of "if"s in that logic which is why I still don't really follow them, but I can see where they come from. I do have a coworker who is obsessed with them and knows everything about them. According to her my girlfriend and I are destined to break up because our signs don't work well together. I'm betting on us making it though. B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #175248 by
Astrology is extremely complex. Astrology is based on reincarnation. Souls may, and do, spend time off of the Earth, on other planets or elsewhere. "Science" can verify numerous types of "energy" that reach earth from the Sun, and likewise, verifiable or not, "energies" reach the Earth from other planets and heavenly bodies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #175262 by
it is also possible that all souls remain on or within the earth and the heavens are the physical manifestations of some other sort of mechanization.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi