A Herbal Grimoire

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #6991 by Jon
A Herbal Grimoire was created by Jon
No other plant comes close to herbs, as far as strength, resilience or tenacity is concerned. This extraordinary power can be ascribed to the simple fact that herbs are nothing more than common weeds. And if you`ve ever tried to keep an army of weeds from invading your precious flower garden you will know what I am talking about. Try choping them, try hoeing them, try pulling them out, they just keep coming back. Many have learned, however, to harness this raw energy (the Force) : healing, relaxing, drinking, eating, soothing...and magick.

This might be a good spot to create a reference of herbs and their possible usages. Every contribution will be really appreciated.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7018 by
Replied by on topic Re:A Herbal Grimoire
Well, i know aloe is good for burns, particularly sunburns. You can break off a piece of the leaf and rub it right on, if necessary.

And Ginseng is supposed to give you energy, like caffiene but more natural, I think.

Thats about all I know, but I'm no wiccan either, I have a friend maybe I'll ask her about it.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7023 by
you can chew liquirish (misspelled, i know) root to fight cravings, and that is the root, not the candy, lol. Camomile is calming, as many already know, and if you want a boost of energy citrus is great.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7028 by
mint helps boosts memory and soothes aching tummies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7088 by
I once made a huge list of a bunch of different herbs and such, i will try to see if i can get all the info again and post it here. lol, i actually did it for a science class in high school. I think i got a B or C for it.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 7 months ago #7129 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:A Herbal Grimoire
MINT

A teaspoon of honey in lukewarm fresh mint tea can check tummy aches/distension and stomach ulcers. It also checks the vomiting of women at gestation periods and motion sickness. With steam baths mint is also quite invigorating, antiseptic and disinfectant.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 7 months ago #7130 by Jon
APPLES

The addage that an apple a day keeps the doctor away is not untrue. They can help to relieve digestive problems (diarrhea, constipation); as a preventative to coronary problems (heart disease and stroke), to cancer, to diabetes; eliminate lead poisoning, and treat wound infections.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 7 months ago #7131 by Jon
CRANBERRY

Someone very close to me with cronical cistitis has made me aware of this as being used to prevent and treat urinary tract infections. It can also been used to treat kidney inflammation in conjunction with antibiotic treatment.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 7 months ago #7169 by Jon
ONION

It is often used for minor digestive disturbances, for bronchial and gastric infections. It also shows good results in preventing age-related changes in blood vessels - arteriosclerosis. It can help against the loss of appetite. These are used for wounds and scars as well.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7189 by
Here's a list that I have used either blended in tea form or 1 form or another. Basically these are readily available at a nearby grocery store.

Healing
Anise - tea form-treatment for colic; sedative

Basil - tea form-colds, flu, cramps, bladder

Black Pepper - take at first sign of any disease

Bonset - tea form-laxative and fever

Caraway - mild stimulant for digestion

Cayenne - fast recovery, stops internal and external bleeding, said to prevent heart attacks and also helps with depression and headaches

Cinnamon - ground or taken with milk-good balance after a heavy meal or dessert; also used for diarrhoea, dysentery, or general indigestion

Cloves - chew for toothache, also good for nausea or vomiting

Garlic - high and low blood pressure; removing parasites and infections

Ginger - tea form-for cramps and nausea; externally for stiffness; add in cooking to detoxify meat, especially chicken

Rosemary - tea form-for treating headaches or body aches

Thyme - tea form-to rid of intestinal worms; can also be used as mouthwash

Magick

Anise - tea form-treatment for colic; sedative

Basil - tea form-colds, flu, cramps, bladder

Bay - do not take internally-use as poultice on chest for bronchitis and chest colds

Black Pepper - take at first sign of any disease

Bonset - tea form-laxative and fever

Caraway - mild stimulant for digestion

Cayenne - fast recovery, stops internal and external bleeding, said to prevent heart attacks and also helps with depression and headaches

Cinnamon - ground or taken with milk-good balance after a heavy meal or dessert; also used for diarrhoea, dysentery, or general indigestion

Cloves - chew for toothache, also good for nausea or vomiting

Garlic - high and low blood pressure; removing parasites and infections

Ginger - tea form-for cramps and nausea; externally for stiffness; add in cooking to detoxify meat, especially chicken

Rosemary - tea form-for treating headaches or body aches

Thyme - tea form-to rid of intestinal worms; can also be used as mouthwash

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi