Animal Guides Again

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #359092 by River
Replied by River on topic Animal Guides Again
Oooh! Well that explains why I wasn't understanding the "different" definitions lol!

As far as asking questions... My method has basically been to note their presence and then look up what it might mean in a book or website. I'm definitely open to learning more effective ways.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Diana W

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #359095 by Diana W
Replied by Diana W on topic Animal Guides Again
In the early 2000's I lived with a wiccan priest who taught me about these kinds of things.

One of the more useful things regarding totems was to ask the "universe" a question, then note animals I saw throughout the day both online and in my environment. Then look up their meanings. From the meanings, see which keywords or phrases resonated most. I noted the animals in order too, so then I could make sentences out of the keywords and phrases in chronological order to get insight to the question.

Journals:
. IP . Apprentice . Personal . Healing . Degree . Seminary

Previous: House of Orion
Previous TM : Zero

Life is a sum of all your choices; So, what are you doing today?
― Albert Camus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, River

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #359100 by River
I actually currently have an art commission I've been asked to do for someone who just lost a baby. I have an idea about what to do but I'm not quite sure and because it's such a heavy and important piece I'm feeling really driven to get it "right." I think I'll try this technique about it. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #359111 by Vampiric_Conure
Replied by Vampiric_Conure on topic Animal Guides Again
Seems I'm jumping into this convo a touch late :)

Alas, you're correct in saying different totems visit in different areas of one's life. When I was a kid, it was horse and Dinosaur. For a while it was Orca. Now it's bear and Wolf/dog :) . I'm more of a shaman, so I visit the world tree in my meditations, but it's the same idea. Go out and meet your totem.

Sometimes the totem you least expect comes and says hi. Like me and bear :) Turns out my dad's native american name is 'walking bear'!

Loving this thread!

Beware of dog? Forget the dog, BUDGIE IS A KILLER, TOO!

Teaching Master: Edan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #359112 by River
Bear has recently shown up in a big way for me; the past 3 or 4 weeks maybe, and showing non signs of taking leave any time soon. It feels like maybe not coincidence that were both here and that you've mentioned Bear :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #359114 by Carlos.Martinez3
Same here tis past year, I dont wanna say it too presumptuous but Iv'e seen bears these past few years. They seem to be telling me something as well. The bear is a kinna NURTURE for me in my own path, like a mama bear so I tend to listen more now than I did before. When I say I have seen a Bear I do mean in dreams and on walls and in pictures, they are more- noticeable for me these past few years. Just more evident its been there this whole time. For me, the bear is the action of amazing, the book reading part of the research part like the reward of hunting and of foraging. Honey!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W, River

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #359115 by River
For me, Bear first showed up in a dream. A huge monster of a female Kodiak. I was walking along side her following the banks of a little stream, with my hand in the deep fur on her back. It felt like we were friends.

A week or two later I was scrolling Etsy looking for something totally different, and a pendant related to bears popped up. I felt instantly very conncted to it even though I've seen a lot of similar things in the past and never felt much about them, and bought it. I've always been all about talismans and amulets and such.

I did some research and the words protection and strength and rejuvenation stuck with me. Then I did a meditation to talk with Bear. She said she's not really with me right now as a mentor but as a friend, more of a peer. We can have naps together and take strolls and... well, and rejuvenate I guess. And if need be, she's not afraid to use those fearsome claws.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Diana W

More
2 years 1 month ago #365886 by Lykeios Little Raven
Thank you for sharing. When I found one of my “power animals” (Raven) or “animal guides,” as you call them, I had a very different experience. However, it has completely changed my life.

Wolf is a Totem animal for me, but Raven is my true “Patron.” When I took that first Shamanic Journey Raven was the only animal there and he told me “NO, your Animal Guide is not Wolf. *I* am your Power Animal.” Or words to that effect. Over time I have begun to see the connections between the Gods and Animal Guides who have chosen me and….well, now I’m a new shaman, lol.

Mostly I look back on that moment as a glowing experience and can laugh about it. I will always have Wolf AND Raven, but Raven is my primary Guide. Wolf is just…always around because he knows how much I love canids. ^_^ But he also chose me at some point when I was rather young and waited patiently (like the rest have) until I realized he’d been watching over me.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi