Tarot and Jediism

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347655 by
Replied by on topic Tarot and Jediism
I am a Tarot reader! I think there is a strong relationship between Jediism and tarot because it will plainly spell out shadow aspects that need worked on or what to embrace to be balanced. With self reading anyway I think when reading for others it is easier to explain to them through something they can tangibly see.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #358634 by RavenWolf
Replied by RavenWolf on topic Tarot and Jediism
I dont usually inolve tarot into my practice as much as I would like, mainly for the reason that the Force knows all. I rather not know what the future holds, as it would cause anxiety and depression for me, so I rather spend time on reflection and internalized mastery then external stimuli
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 2 months ago #358663 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Tarot and Jediism
But Tarot is not only for scrying the future. Indeed the symbols describe now and what may be. The archetypes in the images speak to our subconscious, not to our rational mentality. When we rationalise symbolic meaning, it ceases to be meaning.

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

More
3 years 2 months ago #358664 by Kira
Replied by Kira on topic Tarot and Jediism

Alexandre Orion wrote: But Tarot is not only for scrying the future. Indeed the symbols describe now and what may be. The archetypes in the images speak to our subconscious, not to our rational mentality. When we rationalise symbolic meaning, it ceases to be meaning.

What uses do you find for Tarot, other than for divination?

More
3 years 2 months ago #358668 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic Tarot and Jediism
There is a lot of value to be had in understanding the fool's journey. Images in the tarot's major arcana are highly archetypal and very much reflect common threads in mythology; I wouldn't be surprised if someone out there had interpreted Star Wars in terms of the fool's journey!

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #358670 by Jhannuzs Ian
Replied by Jhannuzs Ian on topic Tarot and Jediism
An oldy post from 2019 and the owner maybe wont continue sharing ideas.

We could go as far as 500 BCE in the history of tarot... But why we humans search tangents to logic? In some degree, the tarot seems valid to me because it could be a stimulus to the creativity of the receiver of the symbol, but the tarot reader influences the person.
Cards and oracles, like runes, invite us to: develop skills such as being patient, not trusting too soon, sowing new causes, and reflecting before acting. But deep reflection "makes us peel the onion from the root of our desires, events and actions."

Let's see where my projections take me. A shaman could "receive" a message even from the clouds, but maybe too much different from its particular condensation of water, dust, electricity, smoke or other substances. Trying to guess a message "from the universe" is a valid compensation for the anxiety of "not knowing something and/or wanting to resolve something that I can not".

Guessing the self-fulfilling prophecy ... Trying to forecast the outcome of my actions would validate the moment where there is mental exhaustion in my reasoning. I can confess that my dullness has also made me seek "calm" in serendipity.
Trying to guess "the synchronicity of a set of cards", could be helpful for somebody, or not positive if it becomes a tendency in my "reasoning". In some cases, breaking the law of cause and effect of my combinatorial logic, could be a lack of some of my mental abilities. In my opinion, there is no basis for the theory of synchronicity, neither to infer that if a cup breaks in my kitchen then something bad will happen and I should not do x or y.

I would like to emphasize that some brains are more symbolic than others; learning styles if someone wants to defend.
The different intelligences would lead us to the terrain that there are many paths and ways to create "knowledge". I think that some people seek the thrill of the mystical more than others. Their results and the intention might make reaffirm sense of drawings or archetypes, but sometimes a person's limiting beliefs might find "an excuse" to act impulsively or not facing a challenge. Life is full of adversity and the Patience Card could give comfort to anyone.

Holistically, each person do what they can to integrate brain functions, such as logic or symbolism. For some people it does not make any sense to "feel a symbol" and for other people logical reasoning "does not make them vibrate". But they are not always self-exclusive categories, we operate in degrees of intensity and we change according to the time of life. In some cases, someone close to death may view life with more poetry and someone else might make fun at an apparent strong relationship between metaphors of transcendence in the face of death. Everything may or may not be strong related, but "philosophical reliefs" are not based on a weak relationship of probabilities, but on deep scrutiny of the phenomenology of a particular situation.

Many years ago I wanted to learn the implied meanings of the tarot and runes, but was enough to consult two authors to find differences in the attribution of meanings, so everyone does what they can in the inferences. Worse is the case of numerology and its apparent divine implications. Magical Thinking also creates problems and assumptions, and if it is very exaggerated it comes to touch the mental diagnosis as in the schizoaffective disorder, where the person suffering from delusions will never accept that their ideas are not "solid" or enough grounded (this mental disorder also develops paranoia and dysfunctional beliefs that lead to psychosocial deterioration).

To some people, the more mystical and far-fetched a process is, the more sense they get, because it fuels a very valid need to "feel alive with magic.". But we all have the right to draw a symbol and expect influence an event. The arcanum that evokes patience would resemble the rune: Ice. That invites us to stay static, avoid impulsiveness and stay home safe.

The Osho tarot, seems interesting to me because maybe removes some fantasies and lands people in control of the effectiveness in the new acts, but obviously there will be critics and followers. I will not try to defend a Fool with the Fool card.

"Some shamans, cause healing in their patients" while singing an intelligible song while dancing around the person, those incomprehensible songs, seem to reach "the soul" of someone who suffers from a terrible sorrow or due their own parcial constructions-meanings of what something must have been. Will the soul exists, or just another word to describe the marvelous feeling of existence on various levels?

I'd like to guess if anyone likes this next song, a Nordic symbolic poem, of a mother asking a wolf not to hurt her baby,
but
did some wolf get the message and didn't attack?

https://youtu.be/KTmatjyd4KM

.::.

♪ ♫ ♪
Jedi Master: Rosalyn J
Focus, discipline, integriteit, kennis en licht
My code:
The Force is all, I choose my Focus
Life includes suffering, I am Resilient
The Force include my imagination, I extract Wisdom and Harmony
Life includes adversity, I obtain Knowledge
I respect your Life, lets revitalize our Force while breathing
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Jhannuzs Ian.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi