Tarot and Jediism

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340907 by
Tarot and Jediism was created by
Are there any other tarot readers here? If so, how to you find the relationship between tarot and Jediism? Do you ever use them directly in conjunction with one another?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340913 by
Replied by on topic Tarot and Jediism
I have some experience with Tarot, but it's never really been my forte. ^_^U

I rarely engage in divination, and when I do, I favor astragalomancy (using dice). I think of divination as inviting The Force to tell you what you need to know, the rest is figuring out what that is which comes down to asking the right questions.

more frequently I incorporate hand-dowsing in my meditation, particularly if I can determine there's some "divine inspiration" to be had, and it's relatively simple. I don't get into more complex methods if I don't have to.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340918 by
I am still only just learning Jediism, however I have had my first Tarot deck for nearly half a year now.

I however do think that the way they would interwine is in the letting the Force answer your question through the cards.

Sometimes, I will so a single card draw just to see what will be said, simply asking "What do I need to know today?"

I do not believe in coincidences, so, it is my belief that the Force determins wich card we will pick each time. However there can be error in how we interpret a card drawn and get the wrong message. That is why I keep a journal, and look at more than the book interpretation of a card. For instance, maybe a card's image has a beach on it but the book interpretation might not say anything about that beach, but sometimes that card could forshadow a trip to the beach. (Just an example). The more you use your deck, the more you learn by feel what each card can mean and also by feel, when they mean one thing from another. That gut feeling that can be so easy to ignore, is probably the force trying to tell you in my opinion, as I have said I am very new and still learning Jediism.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340926 by

Kelrax Lorcken wrote: I have some experience with Tarot, but it's never really been my forte. ^_^U

I rarely engage in divination, and when I do, I favor astragalomancy (using dice). I think of divination as inviting The Force to tell you what you need to know, the rest is figuring out what that is which comes down to asking the right questions.

more frequently I incorporate hand-dowsing in my meditation, particularly if I can determine there's some "divine inspiration" to be had, and it's relatively simple. I don't get into more complex methods if I don't have to.

Interesting! I've never heard of astragalomancy or hand-dowsing. I don't really use tarot as a divination tool in the traditional sense. I use it instead as an intuitive tool. Which could be considered a form of divination, I suppose, with the subject just being a deeper aspect of myself.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340927 by

Lundra wrote: I am still only just learning Jediism, however I have had my first Tarot deck for nearly half a year now.

I however do think that the way they would interwine is in the letting the Force answer your question through the cards.

Sometimes, I will so a single card draw just to see what will be said, simply asking "What do I need to know today?"

I do not believe in coincidences, so, it is my belief that the Force determins wich card we will pick each time. However there can be error in how we interpret a card drawn and get the wrong message. That is why I keep a journal, and look at more than the book interpretation of a card. For instance, maybe a card's image has a beach on it but the book interpretation might not say anything about that beach, but sometimes that card could forshadow a trip to the beach. (Just an example). The more you use your deck, the more you learn by feel what each card can mean and also by feel, when they mean one thing from another. That gut feeling that can be so easy to ignore, is probably the force trying to tell you in my opinion, as I have said I am very new and still learning Jediism.

It's definitely important to involve your own intuition in tarot, no matter what you're trying to do with the cards. The way I was taught involved looking at the specific artwork and seeing if anything intuitively jumped out at you, separate from the "textbook" meaning of the card. What deck do you use?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340929 by

lightscribe wrote:
It's definitely important to involve your own intuition in tarot, no matter what you're trying to do with the cards. The way I was taught involved looking at the specific artwork and seeing if anything intuitively jumped out at you, separate from the "textbook" meaning of the card. What deck do you use?

I have 2 decks now, one called Guilded Tarrot wich was my first one, and another called Quick and Easy that has book meanings printed on the cards as well as images that I think must be the traditional images.

Both decks were gifts, and I had no help in choosing them. I have a story about how it came to be that I became interested in Tarot and how shortly after I was surprised by being given a deck without having even asking for one. Things just tend to work out sometimes.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341172 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Tarot and Jediism
IJS, I want the David Bowie-themed deck and bag.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 7 months ago #341173 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Tarot and Jediism
I totally recommend the read

Tarot revelations
Joseph Campbell / Richard Roberts

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, ,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341175 by

Lundra wrote:

lightscribe wrote:

I have 2 decks now, one called Guilded Tarrot wich was my first one, and another called Quick and Easy that has book meanings printed on the cards as well as images that I think must be the traditional images.

Both decks were gifts, and I had no help in choosing them. I have a story about how it came to be that I became interested in Tarot and how shortly after I was surprised by being given a deck without having even asking for one. Things just tend to work out sometimes.

That's so cool how that worked out! And I'll have to check out those decks. I just use the basic Rider one.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341176 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: I totally recommend the read

Tarot revelations
Joseph Campbell / Richard Roberts

Carlos, you've blown my mind. I had no idea this book existed. Thank you!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi