I wonder -beyond ( Pagan study’s area)

More
4 years 9 months ago #340238 by Carlos.Martinez3
Hello to all of you and may you find joy. Pastor Carlos here. I wonder ..
As Pagan Jeddist - what are some of the hoops or difficulties you gave as you balance all of that?
I ask because I care really ... how can we - me - as pastor help out ... if any anywhere ? I wait to hear from all the Pagan heavy or light ... answer. What do you wanna see or do while here ? How can I help you ? How can I serve you ?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #340240 by Kohadre

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Hello to all of you and may you find joy. Pastor Carlos here. I wonder ..
As Pagan Jeddist - what are some of the hoops or difficulties you gave as you balance all of that?
I ask because I care really ... how can we - me - as pastor help out ... if any anywhere ? I wait to hear from all the Pagan heavy or light ... answer. What do you wanna see or do while here ? How can I help you ? How can I serve you ?

I've long had interest in creating a "Jediism" equivalent, or otherwise influenced Book of Shadows.

For those unfamiliar, a Book of Shadows is essentially a personal journal which details different rituals, holidays, beliefs, tools; so on which resonate with the individual creating and maintaining it. It doesn't have to be a "spell book" contrary to common thought, as I've personally seen BOS containing little more than medical uses for common herbs.

As far as it relates to activities here at TOTJO, I'd love to see each of the arriving members tasked with creating a personal book; in addition to their initiates journal. I think having a handheld book containing the doctrine, TOTJO days of significance (holidays); as well as information on CPR/first aid, simple ceremonies, etc would be a great thing for our initiates to invest more of themselves here.

It could also be supplemented or complemented by meditation routine, personal records of community service, etc.

Just a few thought's I thought I'd contribute.

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 9 months ago #340246 by Carlos.Martinez3
Thank you!

So a book of shadows in my own opinion would be th a simple title for what some of us already do lo I'm truthfully I looked at your list and find alot.of things I do for service here in that area... I wonder if with dark and light coming with the entire part of being a Jeddist .... one could say a book of shadows and light? There you can log your own growth type of ideas. That be like me combining a few journals. May take some time. Thanks for that! Worth a try !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
4 years 9 months ago #340255 by Rosalyn J
We have such a thing as the capstone for ordination. Its aptly named "Clerical Handbook"

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kohadre, Athena_Undomiel

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #340259 by

Kohadre wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Hello to all of you and may you find joy. Pastor Carlos here. I wonder ..

I've long had interest in creating a "Jediism" equivalent, or otherwise influenced Book of Shadows.

For those unfamiliar, a Book of Shadows is essentially a personal journal which details different rituals, holidays, beliefs, tools; so on which resonate with the individual creating and maintaining it. It doesn't have to be a "spell book" contrary to common thought, as I've personally seen BOS containing little more than medical uses for common herbs.

As far as it relates to activities here at TOTJO, I'd love to see each of the arriving members tasked with creating a personal book; in addition to their initiates journal. I think having a handheld book containing the doctrine, TOTJO days of significance (holidays); as well as information on CPR/first aid, simple ceremonies, etc would be a great thing for our initiates to invest more of themselves here.

It could also be supplemented or complemented by meditation routine, personal records of community service, etc.

Just a few thought's I thought I'd contribute.

You know, I actually do something like this! And, a bit of influence from my pagan background, I eventually began using a cipher rather than writing in plain English :P

I don't keep a log of the deeds I perform, but I do include light instructions for some activities I include in my "holocron", such as a meditation or two.

Mostly just things that occur to me (popularly known as "divine inspiration") or thought provoking variations of existing wisdom (you'd be surprised how much overlap there can be between cultures, civilizations and individuals where "wisdom" is concerned).

In this case, I keep it within a Jedi context, albeit with some Kemetic influence; prayer and the use of the right words can, in itself be a form of magick/"Heka".

I actually contributed a guided meditation that reflects my background somewhat, a spiritual cleansing meditation, customized to suit a Jedi context.

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/meditation/121929-overcoming-the-darkness

More
4 years 9 months ago #340275 by Kohadre

Rosalyn J wrote: We have such a thing as the capstone for ordination. Its aptly named "Clerical Handbook"

Yup, and I've been enjoying my training within the seminary thus far.

However, when I authored the above post I was more intending for something like this to be outside of the scope of clergy.

I'd like to see a "standard-issue" (so to speak) of field medicine, traditional medicine, crisis management (active shooter, bomb/explosives management, water shortage) be something that each initiate is tasked with developing alongside the current curriculum.

That way, even if potential members opt for a path outside of clergy service; they still have skills or a least a pocket reference on how to deal with situations that are becoming increasingly common.

That, in addition to the other aspects; such as doctrine, holidays, etc.

If that's already included within the scope of a clerical handbook, I think that's awesome. Also, if so; I think it could still benefit membership here to have that extended as part of the IP.

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi