A calling or a choice?

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #335044 by Lykeios Little Raven
It's both!

I could have chosen something different. But I chose to heed the call as I didn't fancy the potential consequences.

Imagine your mother is calling to you from across the house. Sure, you have the option to ignore it, but you will most likely face consequences if you do. ;)

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Lykeios Little Raven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 week ago #335799 by
Replied by on topic A calling or a choice?
Coming originally from a Christian background and finding solace and meaning in pagan practice, I have found that the unconscious will guide you to where you belong. That being said the unconscious also gets it wrong too.

If you feel drawn to paganism, give it a try. It's not always for everyone but, it's your choice in the end. There is nothing say, "No!!! YOU BELONG TO US NOW AND THERE IS NO ESCAPE!! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!" I have known people who have taken a hiatus from the pagan tradition for years then came back.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350277 by Vampiric_Conure

Tealth wrote: Coming originally from a Christian background and finding solace and meaning in pagan practice, I have found that the unconscious will guide you to where you belong. That being said the unconscious also gets it wrong too.

If you feel drawn to paganism, give it a try. It's not always for everyone but, it's your choice in the end. There is nothing say, "No!!! YOU BELONG TO US NOW AND THERE IS NO ESCAPE!! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!" I have known people who have taken a hiatus from the pagan tradition for years then came back.

This! Soooo this! If your instincts are screaming at you, give your interest a chance. If it's not for you, you can always continue your way along another path :) It's not like Gods are going to smite you for choosing the 'wrong' faith, LOL.

Beware of dog? Forget the dog, BUDGIE IS A KILLER, TOO!

Teaching Master: Edan

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #350289 by Carlos.Martinez3
For those who have been called things often look like " that song or that calling."

To those who choose, things look like options.

Some one with a hammer often sees things like a nail head...

I think its as important to make a choice in ones faith and practices so... they can grow even more.

Just my own opinion.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #350294 by temet_nosce
Replied by temet_nosce on topic A calling or a choice?
I agree with Lykeios but only somewhat. I would say that the calling part urges you toward paths that will get you to where you need to be. The choice comes in when you try different paths and then find one that resonates with you. This could be years in each path or just an afternoon with a group of like-minded individuals but the choice part is the conscious part and the calling is the unconscious part.

I have always felt that I had some sort of spiritual calling. I have tried a few different approaches, some more than once. I have never really been happy with any one particular path or even ideology until coming across Jediism. I am choosing to pursue this because it makes sense to me and it resonates with how I feel Divine Energy works. I have believed for as long as I can remember that any one of the major religions were lacking in some respect or were off to me in some way. I could never put my finger on it. All of the urging I felt that led me to yet another doorstep were preparing me to get here.

My choice is to be a Jediist because I want to deepen my connection with the Force, God, or whatever you want to call it. I know this divine energy, I can feel it. As far as the dogmatic doctrine goes, I look at that as just not being a jerk. That doctrine is basically a list of things that everybody should already be doing, myself included. Who wouldn't want to be able to say that they follow that. It's inspirational. If everyone would just do one or two things out of the doctrine the world would indeed be transformed.

In other words yes, I think it is both. The calling says "Hey, you are supposed to be something more than you are. Here are some options, go check them out." The choice is you understanding that and finding what makes you happy. It is a lifelong journey but it is supposed to be. You are led by this calling learning, seeking and yearning for something you can call your own. Something that makes you want to live, something magical. When you realize this you can begin to choose.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi