Shadow Dream

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #191998 by
Shadow Dream was created by
I have recently been doing surface level research on the left-hand path and find the subject intriguing. I've read many of the forum posts here and general overviews of wicca, luciferianism, vodun, and the four gates of ninjutsu. As well, I have focused heavily on my mediation practice of late and found great success.

Two nights ago I experienced a very lucid dream involving a shadowy, dark figure. Not evil, but certainly unpleasant to the common man. I was not fearful, but hesitant. We did not communicate more than the feelings I experienced and shared with the presence. I awoke with great tension in my lower back, a manifestation of anxiety if you will. Again, I felt no negative emotion towards the entity, but am wondering if the tension is worrisome. More over, I am wondering if any of you have recommendations on where to responsibly start my walk down the left-hand path. I understand that idly beginning the practice without understanding can be very dangerous. I liken it to my tempered growth and understanding of kundalini; in fact the lower back anxiety reminded me a lot of some forewarning I was given with regard to kundalini.

I wish to continue to grow my understanding of this path and am hoping some of the more knowledgeable members within our community will help me with recommendations. I have begun reading Michael W. Ford as well as looked into the WitchSchool, if that helps.

Any knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #191999 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Re:Shadow Dream
Is there a subject area you are most interested in? What is often called the 'left hand path' contains many different and varied paths. My areas of interest (though not necessarily expertise) are luciferianism, the hermetica, the goetia etc, Satanism (theistic and atheistic), the qliophoth, and Heka.

If any of those interest you feel free to drop me a message.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #192002 by
Replied by on topic Re:Shadow Dream

Edan wrote: Is there a subject area you are most interested in? What is often called the 'left hand path' contains many different and varied paths. My areas of interest (though not necessarily expertise) are luciferianism, the hermetica, the goetia etc, Satanism (theistic and atheistic), the qliophoth, and Heka.

Yes. I am definitely interested in luciferianism as the idea of breaking the chains of ignorance for greater knowledge and personal empowerment speaks to me. As for the others, my knowledge is limited.

I've picked up or place on my list to grab a couple of books: Necrominon: Egyptian Sethanic Magick; Book of the Witch Moon: Chaos, Vampiric & Luc​iferian Sorcery; Out of the Shadows: An Exploration of Dark Paganism and Magick; The Circle Within: Creating a Wiccan Spiritual Tradition; The Spiritual Practices of the Ninja: Mastering the Four Gates to Freedom; and Darkness Visible: Awakening Spiritual Light through Darkness Meditation.

I guess, more than just reference sources, I am also asking for words of the wise. Recommendations for one going down the path. As I said, my knowledge of each of these subjects is limited while the interest is certainly there.

Edan, if you prefer we discuss this in a private message I am more than willing to shoot you one.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #192053 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re:Shadow Dream
Disclaimer;
Warning: Spoiler!

I guess the question is do you want to serve it, or do you want 'it' to serve you! Or perhaps your happy with it being a manifestation of your mind and interested in its potential outside of associating actual identity to it. Lots of different ways to approach these things.... perhaps find a path which best fits what you want and then see if anyone has experience in it. The entire spectrum of left hand is pretty large probably for useful advice.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #192157 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Shadow Dream
there are attitudes and behaviors which have been shown to result in general success and happiness and attitudes and behaviors which have been shown not to

there is a great extent to which we are able to influence how "neorotic" or how "well adjusted" we are as individuals

The Path is walked differently by each of us, but FOR THE MOST PART, requires pretty much the same things from us all

different degrees maybe, as a result of the fact that we are all more or less inclined to different temperments and because we all have our own "unique" circumstances

but while we are all a unique blend of specifics, pretty much none of our specific qualities or experiences are unique in themselves

and all of us face essentially the same existential challenges that humans have been facing for a couple hundred thousand years

its understood that every question has a very limited number of correct answers

while also having so many wrong answers that we can just as well say "an infinite number of ways to get it wrong"

it makes sense that "actualization" would be that way as well

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #193890 by
Replied by on topic Shadow Dream
All that 'info' is all well and good, but there is only so much an 'info dump' can do for you.

I've learnt the most through taking courses and doing the work.

You might look into casting a circle of protection around your bed at night and work on the Lesser banishing ritual of the Pentagram regularly.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi