• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 5 months ago #168857 by Brenna

steamboat28 wrote:

Brenna wrote: I think it might be interesting to know which god other people might see us as. Perhaps highlight aspects we may not readily see for ourselves.

I think this deserves a separate thread, Brenna. Would you be so kind? I am terribly curious. :D

Happy to oblige dear friend.

How shall we do this? Anyone who wants to know comments and people add their thoughts or shall I put together an anon survey monkey or something?

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 5 months ago #168950 by Brenna
:) Seems you have no takers Steam. Apart from what I sent you :D

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Kobos

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #168951 by steamboat28
However you'd like. I'm fine with public, if folks are agreeable.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #169033 by

If others thought you were a God

1) It's unlikely I'm a god. I'm pretty sure I'm just a man. :)

Wondering what god people see in me seems disingenuous. ;)

Refer to line one...
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

More
6 years 7 months ago #301767 by Lykeios Little Raven
Haha. Wondering which God/Goddess people think I am like seems like borderline hubris, but I'm game.

This could be a fun game as long as people don't let their answers go to their heads.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #301782 by JamesSand

Wondering which God/Goddess people think I am like seems like borderline hubris, but I'm game.

You're right, pondering ourselves as divine beings, superior to all else and gifted with dominion over lesser creatures and perhaps reality itself is teetering toward conceit.

I suspect most mortals see me as a raving sandwich-board wearing loony more than a god, but let's take this as given with a sort of Gaiman-esque "if I had been a God, and had to find new work once people stopped caring", I'd probably have been Nurgle, Urfather of Chaos and lord of plagues and despair.

I base this on the fact that, after sarcasm - scarification, and delicious food are my two very favourite things.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301785 by
Perhaps it's only conceit if we see this as an elevation of our status. Perhaps we are diminishing the status of the divine instead. Or perhaps maybe we're just simplifying what it means to be divine, removing it from the social and cultural constructs we've come to associate with it. ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301789 by
I would hope I'd come across as a symbol of balance and discipline. But those are the concepts held by my ego. The only way to know is to find the remote village that built my statue. :-)

More
6 years 7 months ago #301795 by Kobos
If one told me I was a god I would hand them my knife and tell them to cut me, I bleed just like they do because, I am just a human. Now if I don't bleed well, then there is an interesting conversation to be had :).

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 7 months ago #301809 by Kit
haha I think it'd be fun to play with this. I know this was originally aimed at others picking out aspects but in lieu of that, what about we picking our own out? Who here is our God of CAT5? Our Goddess of Excel? Our Lord of Paint? Lady of the Weights? Do we have a Goddess of the Stars? God of the Kitchen? Father of Words? Mother of Beasts?

What's your passion? What part of the Divine shines through you? If you were part of a pantheon, what would your aspects be?

I bet you can guess what I am ;)
Warning: Spoiler!

Now, what about you? :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, ,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi