Searching

More
2 years 1 month ago #366629 by Streen
Searching was created by Streen
I’ve been sort of debating with myself as to whether or not I should post this. But last night I just felt more alone than usual, so I took that as a sign that I should just get over myself and be vulnerable for once.

Some time probably almost 10 years ago, at whatever Jedi site I happened to haunt on a regular basis, I brought up the topic of dating. I personally was feeling lonely and knew that if I were to date someone, I would want it to be with someone of a similar mind… in other words, a Jedi.

My reason for creating this thread is twofold. First, to see if there could be some discussion about creating a section of the site to connect people who are looking for a significant other, since it’s hard to find people outside of the Jedi community that would truly understand or accept who and what they are.

Second, I’d like to put myself out there. Like I said above, last night I felt more alone than usual, and it occurred to me that if I were ever to find someone who understands me, it would be here. Believe me, it’s killing me to write this, but I’m sick of being on my own. Even if I were to find someone who lives far away, it would be better than no one at all.

I’m not all that bad looking (https://www.facebook.com/aaron.burr.47) — heterosexual, by the way. I’m overweight, though I lost 10 pounds over the holidays, so I’m getting better in that sense. I can’t say I have a lot to offer other than my mind and my spirit. Those of you who know me know that I’m a deep thinker. I’m quiet and shy, though when I get comfortable, I tend to be funny. I love making people laugh and/or blowing their minds with some crazy idea.

I’m an artist ( https://www.facebook.com/aaronsacrylicart ), musician ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRGBGdbCulLNY973CEcsK3Q ), writer, amateur photographer ( https://youpic.com/photographer/AJBurr/ ) and occasional lightsaber customizer ( https://burr9183.wixsite.com/mysite ). I’ve always been creative in one way or another.

Well, that’s all I’ve got. If you want to talk about this, I’d prefer you send me a PM.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #366654 by Zenith Felwood
Replied by Zenith Felwood on topic Searching
Thank you for your variability. I just want to stress how important it is to find happiness with where you are. Patience is very much important in times like these. I can relate to that feeling of being alone. That void may not be filled by a quick fix. I encourage you to keep that in mind.

Best of luck my friend and may the force guide you to a healthy happy realationship. One that was well worth waiting for. ^-^

More
2 years 1 month ago #366682 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic Searching
That's good advice. However, I don't think you realize just how long I've been waiting. I've been as patient as humanly possible. After all, I'm 40 years old and have yet to have a real relationship with anyone. I've had plenty of crushes, some girls I've even loved deeply, but there was always something in the way, some obstacle preventing it from going any further, and any such feelings were almost never reciprocated.

Middle-age and loneliness don't mix very well. I feel like I've been alone my whole life, like I've missed out on so much.

I don't know. I hope I'm wrong. That's all I've got is that hope. Kinda pathetic huh?

More
2 years 1 month ago #366683 by River
Replied by River on topic Searching
Lots of people don't have romantic relationships. There are other ways to be fulfilled and nurtured. I thinknits a mistake to pin your hopes on one relationship that you only have control of half of.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

More
2 years 1 month ago #366690 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic Searching
I'm not looking for control at all. In fact, one of the loves I mentioned was for someone who challenged me, pushing me out of my comfort zone. I didn't feel like I had much control in that "relationship", and that was honestly the happiest time of my life. I just wish she had felt how I felt.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Causse

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #366692 by River
Replied by River on topic Searching
Sorry, it seems I was unclear.
I meant that you can't control how someone else feels about you, so it seems to me that it may not serve you to pin your hopes for fulfillment on someone feeling a particular way about you. Rather, it might be better to spend that energy nurturing whatever relationships you do have and allowing new ones to flow naturally.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by River.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
1 year 9 months ago #368822 by
Replied by on topic Searching
Hi Streen.

With regards to meeting people on this type of forum it could be problematic and is best avoided. It brings up all kinds of safeguarding issues and legalities.

I would recommend you focus on yourself (get into an exercise program) to change your mindset and feel great about yourself. Build yourself up.

I would also recommend you get yourself out there and meet people. For example as part of your training program join a boxercise (aerobic boxing) or yoga group. This will help you meet new people on a regular basis so that you can develop your confidence.

Wish you well.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi