Coffee or Tea?

More
30 Oct 2019 08:44 - 30 Oct 2019 08:45 #345003 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Coffee or Tea?
I like my coffee like I like my women - roasted at 200°, ground into a fine powder, boiled in water, freeze dried, and kept in an air tight container.

As far as it goes, I drink a fair variety of teas, tisanes, chai, and hot chocolate as well. I'm not in any particular "camp" as far as preferential treatment of hot beverages is concerned.

I sure hope humanity benefits from this thread.
Last edit: 30 Oct 2019 08:45 by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Brick, Rex, CaesarEJW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 14:58 - 30 Oct 2019 15:06 #345016 by Skryym
Replied by Skryym on topic Coffee or Tea?

JamesSand wrote: I like my coffee like I like my women - roasted at 200°, ground into a fine powder, boiled in water, freeze dried, and kept in an air tight container

Wow... I thought "I like my coffee like I like my women - cold and bitter" was going too far :P .

I drink mine dark, cheap, and from a french press (not because I'm fancy, but because the french press works while camping and I got into my coffee habit while living in a tent for 9 weeks). However, I'm trying to cut the habit. The water footprint of coffee is astronomical (140 liters per cup1), and the industry isn't always ethical when it comes to the cheap stuff I drink. I've spent so much time around development workers that, along with the caffeine, I get a hint of guilt with every sip :( .

EDIT: coffeelands.crs.org/2012/09/302-the-wate...rint-of-your-coffee/

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey

Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal
Last edit: 30 Oct 2019 15:06 by Skryym.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, CaesarEJW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Kobos