Evil Hitler

More
19 Jan 2018 17:24 #312597 by Rickie
Evil Hitler was created by Rickie
This is a spin off another discussion. I didn't want to introduce a distraction or tangent to the other thread.

I think I can say Hitler was evil and the leaders of the Nazi Party. It seems anyone that embraces the Nazi Party must not think of Hitler as evil? What am I missing here?

Peace, kindness, compassion, tolerance, truth, knowledge, strength of mind, body and spirit are not always companions of mine but are always pursued.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Arisaig
  • Arisaig's Avatar
  • Guest
19 Jan 2018 17:33 #312600 by Arisaig
Replied by Arisaig on topic Evil Hitler
History is written by the victors. Yes, we view his actions as evil, but if h had won, he'd be a hero. It only makes sense that those that idolise his ideology to refuse to see him as evil, because no one follows what they think is evil. Everyone is the good guy of their own story, and its hard to be a good guy if you do what you view as evil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2018 17:37 #312602 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Evil Hitler
Hate is hate no matter the label you place on it or the color you choose to color it.

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2018 18:44 #312614 by Rickie
Replied by Rickie on topic Evil Hitler
Then is seems to me those that idolize his ideology are evil if they recognize it or not?

Peace, kindness, compassion, tolerance, truth, knowledge, strength of mind, body and spirit are not always companions of mine but are always pursued.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2018 18:47 #312616 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Evil Hitler
There is a thing called blind hate . Blind hate lives in a world that is not ... itself. The hate exist because you are not .. it. In that light, blind hate live and dwells and is nurtured in a whole lots of places we deem sacred and some times secret. Hate is hate.
Blind hate lives and can be found in almost everything we see and come in contact with.

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omhu Cuspor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Arisaig
  • Arisaig's Avatar
  • Guest
19 Jan 2018 18:53 #312617 by Arisaig
Replied by Arisaig on topic Evil Hitler

Rickie wrote: Then is seems to me those that idolize his ideology are evil if they recognize it or not?


Yes, but only to those that view it differently. Many truths are dependant on your point of view.

(Not defending them, Nazi's are evil in my eyes and have no place in the modern world)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2018 18:58 - 19 Jan 2018 19:19 #312618 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Evil Hitler

Rickie wrote: This is a spin off another discussion. I didn't want to introduce a distraction or tangent to the other thread.

I think I can say Hitler was evil and the leaders of the Nazi Party. It seems anyone that embraces the Nazi Party must not think of Hitler as evil? What am I missing here?


Historical context, i think. Maybe we should spend some time looking at how and why Hitler was able to come to power?


Arisaig wrote: History is written by the victors. Yes, we view his actions as evil, but if h had won, he'd be a hero. It only makes sense that those that idolise his ideology to refuse to see him as evil, because no one follows what they think is evil. Everyone is the good guy of their own story, and its hard to be a good guy if you do what you view as evil.


Have you made any inquiry into the nazi concentration camps?
Survivor accounts, rescuer accounts, testimonies from Nuremberg Trial?
Theres tons of film of horribly wounded people, tortured people, mass graves and emaciated, half dead human skeletons walking around. Do you think thats all been faked? Lies invented by the victors to make themselves look good?

Arisaig wrote: Yes, but only to those that view it differently. Many truths are dependant on your point of view.



In my point of view its wrong to make sex slaves out of 5 yr olds and then practice samurai sword cutting techniques on them when they get boring. Is that just like, my opinion, man?

Thats a real question but here is another way to phrase it: do you feel there is any line of morality that a person cannot cross without becoming evil for having crossed it?

My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on a limb
And all I remember is thinking, I want to be like them
Last edit: 19 Jan 2018 19:19 by OB1Shinobi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2018 18:59 #312619 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Evil Hitler

Arisaig wrote:

Rickie wrote: Then is seems to me those that idolize his ideology are evil if they recognize it or not?


Yes, but only to those that view it differently. Many truths are dependant on your point of view.

(Not defending them, Nazi's are evil in my eyes and have no place in the modern world)



Not the "Devils advocate " by any means but how can light look bright if there is no darkness in sight ? How can forgive, give if not for the vacate of take ? How can we be we, if there is no me?

Made it rhyme hmm
This is a common idea here and although our focus in TOTJO is not the dark or even the presence of the dark or even some times the definition, our intention is what shall we as me and you ...do? The dark the mess is there yes ... no doubt ... but what to do about it ? How do you defend your light against it ? Do you ? Hope that helps in the grand scheme of things - the bigger picture rather than who was what or who did what - more of a push - what will you do....

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2018 19:01 #312620 by Zephyrus
Replied by Zephyrus on topic Evil Hitler
It is so enticing to categorize things as good and evil. When, in reality, it's very general and unhelpful.

Rather than saying Hitler was evil, I'd say the facts. He was a dictator. He personally saw to the destruction of large swaths of Jewish people He caused a war on a global scale. He is the reason many, many people died.

I don't have to call him evil in order for people to understand who he was.

The Black Wizard ~ Rainbow Chaos Magick ~ Thelemite
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Arisaig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2018 19:16 #312621 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Evil Hitler

Connor L. wrote: It is so enticing to categorize things as good and evil. When, in reality, it's very general and unhelpful.

Rather than saying Hitler was evil, I'd say the facts. He was a dictator. He personally saw to the destruction of large swaths of Jewish people He caused a war on a global scale. He is the reason many, many people died.

I don't have to call him evil in order for people to understand who he was.


A many names could join that list then in that light .

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zephyrus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Kobos