Church Bulletin Bloopers

More
15 years 8 months ago #18280 by Br. John
Church Bulletin Bloopers

The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday: \"I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours.\"

Our next song is \"Angels We Have Heard Get High.\"

Don't let worry kill you, let the church help.

For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.

This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #18281 by
Replied by on topic Re:Church Bulletin Bloopers
:laugh: sounds like my dads old baptist church, go figure.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #18283 by
Thats great!!!:laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #18284 by
Oh wowzers, haha

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #18290 by
Hahaha! That's funny!

I was reminded of a time when I was spending the winter break with my Grandparents in Salem!

My Grandparents are constant fixtures at their church. And they took me along whenever they went, during this little vacation.

When we pulled into the parking lot, dressed to the nines, I noticed the sign-board out front. \"Jesus is the reasoning for the seasoning.\" Keep in mind, it WAS the Christmas season. And I had seen the more commonly used version of \"Jesus is the reason for the season!\" rhyme more than a few times in my years.

I mentioned that fact to my grandfather in the car before we got the old Ram Charger stopped, but he just hushed me. So I tried to talk to Grandma, who simply said, \"Your Grandfather asked you to keep to yourself.\"

So I did.

I have retold the story more than a few times in the 20 years since, always referring to it as \"The Chef Jesus Incident.\"

I mean no disrespect to anyone.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi