Physical Practice Blog #5 Emptiness

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #45812 by

"The stillness of Empty Meditation allows Jedi to center themselves and achieve deep inner peace." ― Jedi Master Skarch Vaunk

Hello, fellow Jedi

Looking in our mythological texts, in my quest to find a real world application of Jedi training methods. I stumbled across a very useful meditation called "Meditation of Emptiness" or "Empty Meditation".
You might remember in the last blog I talked about focus meditation and how you will need it for the next lesson. If you haven't practiced focus meditation, this might be a little hard for you since it requires some focus. Spend time on that before attempting this.

In a clean space with good air circulation and minimal distractions, in whatever position you choose to meditate, begin with you calming breath. Close your eyes. Now clear your mind. I find repeating the mantra with the breath, "Clear mind, clear mind, clear mind... don't know", is helpful. First you're telling yourself to "clear your mind" and when you say "don't know" you are inviting your mind and your ego to ease their grip.

Repeat the clearing mantra for however long you feel you need. Then open yourself to the Force.. in this case you can literally tell yourself, "open to the force!". The force should fill your mind with white light. Visualize this white light surrounding you. Your entire universe is this white light. Each thought that comes up in this white light, do not discourage it, but set it aside. Your thoughts should be like shadows or dark clouds surrounding your light. You are in the calm of the storm. The eye of the emotional hurricane. There is peace! As you progress in this meditation you may also find that you can increase the eye of the storm. Pushing the dark clouds out of sight.

In this meditation I believe we can increase our knowledge of the Living Force by letting it reside within us. You are an empty cup and allowing the force to fill you. I also like to repeat the mantra "Living Force, Living Force...".

Well, as always. Feel free to discuss your experience or additions to this exercise.

May the Force be with you!
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi