My Journey With DDPY

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #347054 by
My Journey With DDPY was created by
Hey guys, its been awhile since I posted on here. I just wanted to share my experience with a program called DDPY (Diamond Dallas Page Yoga)

DDP or Diamond Dallas Page was a popular professional wrestler back in the 90's who devolved his own version of yoga by taking old school calisthenics and embracing a format that anyone can follow no matter what shape you're in.

Over the past year I have been able to drop 75 pnds and continue to improve my flexibility but more importantly my self confidence.

Anybody else on the forums ever try this program? I can't recommend it enough.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #347159 by
Replied by on topic My Journey With DDPY
I was unfamiliar with this program,but just gave it a brief look-over and it looks interesting. I'm thinking about trying it out as an interlude to gym workouts - maybe as a way to cut back the number of weekly trips, since some gym exercises aggravate pain from a number of old foot and ankle injuries.

If I go with this and choose the app rather than the DVD's, I have not yet figured out how to see the cost without beginning the sign-up process. Do you happen to know what the cost of the app is?

Thanks!

More
4 years 4 months ago #347162 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic My Journey With DDPY
For starters congratulations on your success well done! I was a WCW (World Championship Wrestling) guy and still a regular wrestling fan. I know DDP and seen his workouts but I am struggling with wanting to try it based off the cost and if it does work. I’ve seen what it’s done for Scott Hall and Jake Roberts. But I am pleased to hear it’s helped a fellow Jedi. Thank you for sharing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #347177 by
I do DDPY. I have also lost 70 pounds (so far) and it also fixed my lower back.

I recommend DDPY to everyone. It’s one of the very few (maybe the only) exercise programs I’ve come across that truly cares about people who are not already fit. If you need to ease into it, you can start the program with the Chair Yoga (that’s what I did). Dallas emphasizes modification. There’s no pressure to perform, only to do whatever you can do safely. He’s also a fun instructor.

The app subscription is $100/year. I can’t remember if there is a free trial, but you can get it for one month or 3 months to try it out. The advantage of the app over the DVDs is that it tracks your progress for you (not only the yoga programs, but also progress pictures and vitals like weight, measurements and blood pressure). There’s also new content being added all the time: recipes, Live workouts, and Dallas does a weekly motivational video.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #347182 by
I do everything on the app and pair it to a heart monito.! And it starts out about 100 dollars per year but starting in January they should have a sale. If you have any questions I would be glad to help.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #347217 by
Thank you Sara42 and Peacekeeper for the added information. $100 a year is a steal! But since January is so close, I'll wait and see if the price changes. If not, I am still interested. :-)

More
4 years 4 months ago #347465 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic My Journey With DDPY

$100 a year is a steal!

I can think of quicker ways to steal $100.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi