Daily Exercise

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #345779 by
Daily Exercise was created by
We make no such demands of a Jedis lifestyle and habits, knight or otherwise. Do you ^_^

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #346554 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Daily Exercise
The proper amount (and type) of exercise is that which is required to fulfill your goals.

If you want to be able to "do 150 squats, crunches, and punches" for some arbitrary reason, then that's the exercise you should do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Rex

More
4 years 3 months ago #346578 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Daily Exercise

JamesSand wrote: The proper amount (and type) of exercise is that which is required to fulfill your goals.

If you want to be able to "do 150 squats, crunches, and punches" for some arbitrary reason, then that's the exercise you should do.

I agree fully with James and Kelrax here. Train for what you want, do you but keep in mind healthy body healthy mind. Over doing it though is also an issue. So be aware of your limits as you progress. Right now I cannot do much at all but I have been devoting about 1/2 hour to low speed footwork for TKD and Kendo//Koryo Sparring so when I am back to full health I will have maintained or possibly improved my form going back into training

Much Love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #346595 by
Replied by on topic Daily Exercise
It's a question we all need to consider once in awhile, imo - how much exercise is too little, how much is too much?

I do not think there is one blanket answer that applies to everyone. A few comments here have rightly indicated that one determinant of how much to train depends upon one's individual goals. If we want to improve our odds of living a long and vital life, we might train more moderately than someone who wants to be in the Olympics.

Another determinant I think is our personal capacity. Some people are natural athletes, and can train hard for hours a day. Others, either out of shape or not genetically gifted with athletic talent, might be drained by thirty minutes of light-but-consistent activity.

A general guideline I think is to push yourself to slightly below what you believe your maximal effort is, at least a few times a week. If ten squats are hard, do eight. If 150 squats seem like nothing, do 175, or hold some weight and do less. When completed, we should feel like we've worked hard, but not to the point of depleting all of our energy for the next two or three days.

The most important thing is, if we are not paralyzed, missing limbs, or recuperating from an illness, to do something - even if it's just bicycling your feet in the air while watching TV. Anything is better than nothing.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi