Veteran Jedi Support Group?

More
8 years 3 months ago #217217 by Squint
Hello, all! I'm still quite new around here but I have been quite active in Chat. I realize that there are quite a few Veterans from around the World here and I wanted to start a dialogue on how we could support each other.

At the college I am a teacher at, we have our own Veteran space, where veterans can help each other, study together or just escape when times are rough. For now I propose this thread but would love to hear any feedback, comments or concerns.

Journals: IP Apprentice
TM: Loudzoo
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #217222 by
Replied by on topic Veteran Jedi Support Group?
I think it's a great idea. And for now this thread will do it and until the need arises for a different t forum.

What did you wanna talk about?

More
8 years 3 months ago #217234 by Squint
Replied by Squint on topic Veteran Jedi Support Group?
Well, the first thing was just opening the lines of communication. I really appreciate your response. I think it would be a nice idea to see what veteran resources are out there that we could compile here in the first post as a sort of initial contact guide for those seeking help. Perhaps, phone numbers and websites for Suicide Prevention, PTSD, Veteran's Affairs and Homelessness?

More
8 years 3 months ago #217295 by Alethea Thompson
Actually we do happen to "Military Jedi" group. Despite having the symbols for the 5 American services, it is for anyone service member as I recall.
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/mytotjo/groups/viewgroup/22-military-jedi

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squint

More
8 years 3 months ago #217296 by Alethea Thompson
Also, I'm Crisis Intervention Peer Support (CIPS) qualified, even have the certification listed on my 214.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squint

More
8 years 3 months ago #217820 by Squint

Alethea Thompson wrote: Actually we do happen to "Military Jedi" group. Despite having the symbols for the 5 American services, it is for anyone service member as I recall.
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/mytotjo/groups/viewgroup/22-military-jedi

Thank you so much for the information! Should an active thread be kept here to let people know about it?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #217829 by
Replied by on topic Veteran Jedi Support Group?
Um, its the biggest group here. But feel free to advertise it a little, sure.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #217830 by Squint

Desolous wrote: Um, its the biggest group here. But feel free to advertise it a little, sure.

Something being large in stature but hidden behind three clicks (five if you include logging in) is not a good way to promote. Even then, it is in the middle of a list of other groups. Not everyone has the time to search for things, I have had my own crisis and when you're in that place it is incredibly hard to find useful information.

That is to say, I am glad we have a military group, I think it may be too hard to find during a crisis. The idea of a thread is about accessibility.

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Squint. Reason: Grammar

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 3 months ago #217841 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Veteran Jedi Support Group?
I'm not military...

While it is the biggest group, it is not sole purpose of TOTJO... Nor is it our most active, that is actually the Youth, French, Spanish, and possibly Knight groups...

If you were to save that group as a "favorite" in your browser (I have 6-7 TOTJO pages saved there for various 1-click access)

Then:

1. Click login > type credentials> hit enter
2. Click favorite link

Does that help?
:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 3 months ago #217845 by Squint

Jestor wrote: I'm not military...

While it is the biggest group, it is not sole purpose of TOTJO... Nor is it our most active, that is actually the Youth, French, Spanish, and possibly Knight groups...

If you were to save that group as a "favorite" in your browser (I have 6-7 TOTJO pages saved there for various 1-click access)

Then:

1. Click login > type credentials> hit enter
2. Click favorite link

Does that help?
:)

That certainly helps for those who know it exists. I think my concern for finding the group is for those that may not know it exists. The entire purpose of this thread was a place that those who were veterans who were in crisis could easily find help.

I am very glad we have a Military Group, I just don't think it serves the stated purpose above. If one of the intentions of the Military Group is to do that, then I think we should discuss how to make it better at its mission.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi