Removing Carbs

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #209233 by
Replied by on topic Removing Carbs
I do keto and I have dropped 30lbs. I know that's different than what you are talking about, but I found that www.reddit.com/r/keto has some really good information, resources, and recipes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #216806 by
If you drink pop/soda, it would probably be a good idea to replace as well. I have found that many of the pop companies are starting to bring out flavoured carbonated water which gives you the sensation of drinking a pop (carbonation), better taste than regular non-flavoured carbonated water, and no carbs/calories. If you do decide to go this route ensure its the non-sweetened ones, some carbonated water replacements just substitute sugars with artificial ingredients which I would not suggest.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #337388 by
I also do Keto, started 6 months ago and fantastic results. Of course, at the start my body did have to get used to it.

https://www.ketowiz.com/how-to-start-a-keto-diet/

More
4 years 11 months ago #337391 by Garwa Mayharr
Replied by Garwa Mayharr on topic Removing Carbs
I did the keto diet for 8 months with a weight loss result of 65 lbs. I limited carb intake to 20 carbs daily. If you are not going for keto, then the replies above are helpful. You most definitely want to cut out all processed foods and up water intake (Hail Hydration). You will want to also cut out some grains and flours as just one serving of oat meal can have up to 40 carbs. Just keep in mind that your body uses carbs as a go to energy source. So decide on how many carbs you want to cut. Probably no less then 100 daily especially since you run which utilizes carbs for energy. Also learn out to count net carbs....

Gross Carbs minus Fiber = Net Carbs

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340560 by
Replied by on topic Bone In Chicken Breast Recipes
This recipe for baked bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts will exceed all your expectations. The meat is moist, flavorful and juicy and the recipe is super easy to make. It is sure to become your go-to recipe for split chicken breasts from now on. It turns out fabulous every time. Try it Yammy!))
Bone In Chicken Breast Recipes

Attachment Bone-In-Chicken-Breast-prev.jpg not found

Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341189 by
How To Cook Chicken Breast In A Pan
The best option to reduce carbohydrates in the diet is chicken!
Great recipe for quick metabolism here.
Attachments:

More
4 years 7 months ago #341190 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Removing Carbs
I'm gonna be the bad guy here and say that Keto is like the CrossFit for your diet: sure you'll see results almost immediately but it isn't healthy in the long run because your body stores excess protein as fat which wrecks your kidneys.

Doing something as simple as cutting excess junk food, soda, alcohol, and smoking out of your lifestyle paired with balanced cardio and strength training will be more than enough to maintain a long-term healthy life

On a slightly tangential note, RLS is partially hereditable (a lot of people on my mother's side of my family have it) so it might not be something you're doing wrong per se

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 7 months ago #341209 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Removing Carbs
Carbs are an essential part of your diet. Fruit and veg are carbs, and should make up two thirds of it.

Getting rid of milk, grains, and any drink other than water (which are also carbs) is the best thing you can do for your health.

It's easy and wont screw up your metabolism either.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341323 by
In terms of finding a healthy diet, everybody is different.

I need keto to stop the progression of my diabetes. So, that's what I do. Yes, it's tricky and has to be monitored, but it's better than taking insulin every day. So.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi