role call

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #23951 by
Replied by on topic Re:role call
its worth a read - im not sure if itsa still available in proper paper version anymore - i got mine from amazon a few years ago - for about £6 - i know it can be hard to find and thats why I 'backed it uop' and posted it here ;)

be sure to rread all of the book - the preface explains why it has a certain style (ie it was written for the British/European Victorians by someone from Japan)

sometimes it can feel out of date or stilted - but now you know why ;) the points remain as valid and valuable though.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 8 months ago #23997 by
I would have to say I would be apart of this rite.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 7 months ago #25327 by
Just a bump - mainly for newcomers who may have otherwise missed this thread (please also reply to the other rites roll calls if this one isnt for you)

More
14 years 7 months ago #25328 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:role call
Confucianism - Philosophy or Religion? There's a lively debate about this and its been around a long time.

For various reasons some people don't claim Jediism as a religion yet find value in most of its precepts.

As TOTJO is a charitable, religious and educational organization this is a bona fide group of members. Is Jediism a religion? The courts of the states and the United States must say yes but that's a special circumstance.

Churches are communities. This is a community. Jediism is a wide net.

This is also for the class of member who is interested in fellowship and study but has a private religious philosophy or other reasons for being a secular member.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 7 months ago #25347 by
I could possibly fall under this \"Rite\"

Though this Rite seems to have to least amount of information, maybe thats a good thing. Im really not sure if I personally can see Jediism as a religion, for the simple fact that religion is...

\"a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs\". (www.dictionary.com)

I see the path of the Jedi as a way of life, not religion, and that it can co-exist with other religions but as for being a religion in and of itself...I cant say it is. Jedi do not worship gods, idols, or statues. Jedi live to better themselves, and in bettering themselves they can pass this on to others, to understand the multi-verse and the Force.

I can not say for sure that I will define myself to this rite, as I need to read into the pure Land a bit more...but from the glimpses i've caught of it it seems to be a bit too much like Wicca for me, and you can see my views on Wicca in my new members area post.

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • the circle is now complete
More
14 years 7 months ago #25355 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:role call
Ahh... I understand what it is you are saying Sradac

The beauty of our system is that one can belong to any Rite, or none or even all really...I head up the Buddhist Rite but my numbers are more like:

Spiritual Humanist 40%
Buddhist 40%
Pureland 10%
Pagan 10%

One can post and or create threads in any of the Rites no matter which or lack of belonging to any particular Rite.

The journey of Jediism often takes one along many paths, detours and u-turns. Each path opens new thoughts that are somewhat unique in application and practice but as you gain experience you may find that the roots of all share a somewhat common base.

Taste all the flavours of knowledge and stay hungry ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #40143 by
Replied by on topic Re: role call
I would say I follow this rite the most.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi