Sith Realist Resources

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328170 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Sith Realist Resources

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: On to better things...

The internal core of our being is manifest through thoughts in two personified forms - a sinister entity and an altruistic entity.

I'm more of a monist, there being only one fundamental Force. Like how the dark side of the Moon is not another Moon, but just a side of it... and that there is no negative Force or positive Force, just the Force. In that example they are not even natures of the Moon, but more broadly the light dark dichotomy are measures of something. And our 'entity of self' is understood in concepts, of which there is a multitude of options! Not a duality, in my opinion.

It rather just happens to be that particular conceptual model that we can use in decision making and self identity has polar ends of 'good' and 'bad', on terms of our experience of existence, but there'd be others. That spectrum model is useful as it relates directly to the language of mapping, which is probably how our brain functions as a perceptive system. But I'd think that works best when viewed as having the same importance as every other point along the spectrum and not elevating the poles to importance and then imbuing them as 'right' and 'wrong'. If not just because they are conditional and/or circumstantial representations which hold the most validity only in the past, so they tend to chain one in subjective and habitual modes.

TLDR things don't have to be black and white for them to be easy to understand.

So in relationship to behavioural models, a concept of entity in a 'Force' sense to me is more about direct perception of external and internal and a third non-dual connectiveness. The point being that this nature of focus breaks chains and barriers and could be a more effective way to work with both past and present to shape ones future. So for me the Sith paradigm with that approach is more on the internal, while the Jedi is more on the external (in the context of sacrifice), BUT the same fundamental mechanism of 'Force practice' exists in both with all three overlapping areas being of focus. In this way, I consider someone is able to be one and other at different times and that either one can be a full and complete path, and that the labels either represent their focus or their mask. In a social setting a mask serves to hide or promote oneself, while in a ritual private space a mask serves focus. So in my mind, there is no grey Jedi and Sith is either hiding or selling themselves.... while a Jedi is exemplifying the Force connection by representing their focus (since by virtue of the social setting the focus is external). How is that for confusing :silly:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Tetrahedron, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328192 by
Replied by on topic Sith Realist Resources
My explanation was not meant to imply any sort of dual nature. It is a single nature aspected in different forms through personified archetypes. Its impracticle to try and relate that to the sides of a moon because personality archetypes are not real, as in physical. They do not exist "in a space". Therefore they can manifest in ways we as physical creatures would have a hard time comprehending.

As for a sith embracing the beauty of our flawed nature I dont see that as a static position. In fact it is the very core of a dynamic position. Perfection is not something that can be a challenge because there is no work to be done. However a flawed state is one in which transformation can occur and therein lies the challenge for a sith. All transformative creation also has a component of destruction and if your not willing to sacrifice that part no creation can occur.

Sith are willing to sacrifice for that transformation while jedi want to keep in place what is already there but only add to it. That is the difference. The jedi way is cumbersome and inefficient, the sith way is brutal but concise and highly effective.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328194 by Carlos.Martinez3
Sith are willing to sacrifice for that transformation while jedi want to keep in place what is already there but only add to it. That is the difference. The jedi way is cumbersome and inefficient, the sith way is brutal but concise and highly effective.[/quote]

Not all Jedi—- and some Jedi - including myself can agree most Jedi are a bit Sith minded if you really wanna get to it , because in reality - the balance of light and dark of black and white exist - balance is often the quest for each individual. No one code can be called right or wrong and no idea or way can claim to be fully the ONE- some do- but we as humans are entitled to our own opinions over things. Which is better and which is not is like watching people cheer for their fav sports team. That’s to each person for their own reason - balance- their own balance of things. To be aware that there is a Sith code is encouraged. To seek wisdom is encouraged. To seek- flat out - is encouraged. To create your own balance is as well! Which path you choose is to the individual as well. That’s one of the joys of being human- we have that choice we can use any time we want. To have a balanceand atroce for that- CAN -be the same as enjoying the beauty and the mess of things, but once again that’s to the individual-
Jedi teaching #3 says
3. Jedi are aware of the future impacts of action and inaction and of the influence of the past, but live in and focus on the Now. We let ourselves flow like water through the events around us. We embrace the ever changing and fluid world, adapting and changing as it does.

Some days it’s neither Sith nor Jedi but just taking the time to stop and think.

Edit: truly in real life, there is no competition.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328201 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Jedi teaching #3 says
3. Jedi are aware of the future impacts of action and inaction and of the influence of the past, but live in and focus on the Now. We let ourselves flow like water through the events around us. We embrace the ever changing and fluid world, adapting and changing as it does.

Edit: truly in real life, there is no competition.

You actually make my point with this. All life is competition, even if that competition is with self.

A sith will never allow the river to take them. They would never give up that power. Instead they manipulate the river, change its course, corrupt its flow and reshape it to a design they require without regard to what others feel it should be. They imbue it with their essence and as a result transform it to fulfill their desires. There is nothing passive in this where intent is just accepted. It is a wholly active process where intent is forced outward in accordance with the siths will. Jedi allow themselves to be shaped by their environment, while on the other hand sith shape their environment to their design.

More
5 years 5 months ago #328202 by Carlos.Martinez3
Is finding balance a competition ?

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Rex

More
5 years 5 months ago #328204 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Sith Realist Resources
Only to people who are losing

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328205 by

Rex wrote: Only to people who are losing

#deep

More
5 years 5 months ago #328207 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Sith Realist Resources
Balance is not an end, it is a means.

You want to cross that road. You make sure to stay balanced to avoid falling over in the middle of the street and getting run over by a car.

Other than that, balance is pointless. You get no medals for poise.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
5 years 5 months ago #328208 by Carlos.Martinez3

Manu wrote: Balance is not an end, it is a means.

You want to cross that road. You make sure to stay balanced to avoid falling over in the middle of the street and getting run over by a car.

Other than that, balance is pointless. You get no medals for poise.

I’m thinking your being sarcastic ?
Balance in life helps big time. It helped me get rid of that “run over like feeling.” Or that lost or even helpless way not having controll over some things brings me. Balance exist often when no one sees... you can fake it or even mask it present but in the long run when your alone and off-the-line *there- that virtue or lack of it will be ever present.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328210 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Sith Realist Resources
Yea sacrifice is rather intrinsic to any spiritual path IMO, as I think it plays into the mechanisms of spirit most deeply. I don't think its a Jedi v Sith thing, but rather a spiritualist v materialist thing in regards to the degree of sacrifice, whether it be rewiring of ones consciousness or superficial adjustment of focus pumped up as great progress.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi