Sith Realist Resources

More
18 Oct 2018 14:45 #328118 by Kelrax Lorcken
I'm going to point out previous post of mine as an example:
I responded without thinking, and I created a problem where there was none.
At this point I'm arguing time and place, rather than leaning one way or another.
I the martial arts analogy, Kobos, as someone who's done a little Shaolin Wushu, myself. Indeed, contemplation can make one slow to act, but not all life is a battle. When all you have is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail.
I Think maybe we all can sense when troubles coming are way, but sometimes being purely reactionary is a problem, as well.
I've heard too many stories about well trained individuals accidentally harming someone over nothing.
I guess what I'm trying to argue is what I realize that we're kind of in agreement on?
Time and place, and learning to intuit the distinction?

Kelrax "Stormcaller" Lorcken, Jedi Navigator
May The Force Guide You
www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/47-Jo...-stormcaller?start=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2018 17:19 #328133 by elizabeth
Replied by elizabeth on topic Sith Realist Resources
Back in my punk days that was called "Skateboarding"..............Ask my teeth and screws in my jaw about cyborg style life :)


Okay my mistake hahaha

To die would be a great adventure
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2018 20:42 #328143 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Feel free but also understand that there are web sites you can go to on your own. Sith vs the Temple is a harmful thing.

Edit: to learn about the Sith visit a sith site- please don’t ask here in a Jedi Temple. That’s not what we do.

It’s bad form and it can harm more than anything. This is only my opinion but there is more going on that this I promise you. This is teaching flat out.


I find this one of the most interesting stances you have ever taken. We do discuss ideas here and not people right? That has always been your position and it has always been that you only speak for yourself. So why do you consider discussing Sith here as bad form?

We have many groups on this site, Christian Jedi, Buddhist Jedi, Satanic Jedi, Atheist Jedi, Pagan Jedi... and so on. Many of these factions even have their own groups and boards where they discuss all sorts of things related to their particular path. This is because the Jedi claim to be a syncretic religion that accepts all modifications to the path. So why this extreme aversion to Sith? Why cant there be a thread in this section discussing the possibility of a "Sith Jedi"? Can an explorer of the Sith path not incorporate that into his Jedi practice?

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2018 21:13 #328144 by Carlos.Martinez3
Look around Ranger - your in it .

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2018 22:20 #328146 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Look around Ranger - your in it .


Yea I know. I was asking you why you thought it was bad.

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2018 01:16 #328148 by Carlos.Martinez3
Topic: Sith Realist Resources

Feel free to pm me directly - my inbox is always open.

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2018 02:21 #328149 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Sith Realist Resources

Stormcaller wrote: I'm going to point out previous post of mine as an example:
I responded without thinking, and I created a problem where there was none.
At this point I'm arguing time and place, rather than leaning one way or another.
I the martial arts analogy, Kobos, as someone who's done a little Shaolin Wushu, myself. Indeed, contemplation can make one slow to act, but not all life is a battle.

When all you have is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail.
I Think maybe we all can sense when troubles coming are way, but sometimes being purely reactionary is a problem, as well.
I've heard too many stories about well trained individuals accidentally harming someone over nothing.
I guess what I'm trying to argue is what I realize that we're kind of in agreement on?
Time and place, and learning to intuit the distinction?


Wise words my friend. We are very much in an agreement, I particularly like the second part, it is something I will do well by to consider deeply. I often use marital arts metaphors because they are kind of an easy was out of explaining what I mean sometimes. Even the most well trained do harm over nothing, sadly this is the case in many things in life. I think what I was getting at with that metaphor is that is it better to react or to contemplate? Is it better to try and find a balance of the two? In what point is there a balance? It is very paradoxical but I believe that there is a balance but it comes from an odd place. With the hammer quote, I think about some of taking care of the house when I was living with roommates. Do we really have a hammer, or are we using a multi-tool all the time, just using it like a hammer anyway, when we could always use one of the other tools? And in the end why? I think this is where the difference in the 2 codes is. (This may be another horrible metaphor so stick with me, sorry......)



This has been a truly interesting discussion, many perspectives lead to many things but when we stick strictly to the philosophical it is much more productive as long as the guy trying to explain isn't babbling horrible metaphors :). Sorry it took a while to respond. There has been a lot to think about in this thread, thank you Storm Caller, Carlos, Ambert, Manu, Khoas, Connor and for asking great questions Elizabeth for your contribution,

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

Fighting what you cannot see, will only lead you to lash out with violence towards everyone. Know your enemy, and you may find yourself a friend.

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, elizabeth, Carlos.Martinez3, Kelrax Lorcken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2018 16:13 - 19 Oct 2018 16:22 #328161 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Topic: Sith Realist Resources

Feel free to pm me directly - my inbox is always open.


Well I asked you this question because I did feel it was relevant to this thread discussion. I want to know what it is that you find to repulsive about Sith teachings that you would go so far as to exclude it from an otherwise syncretic philosophy? But if you feel it irrelevant then that is fine. However I did ask you the question here and that inbox you speak so much about works both ways. I checked this am and my inbox is empty even though I asked you the question. From this I can only conclude you will continue to avoid the question and that is fine. Because of that I find no reason to pursue this further...




On to better things...

The internal core of our being is manifest through thoughts in two personified forms - a sinister entity and an altruistic entity. We are not our thoughts, we are the thinker of our thoughts in these two aspects. They are called by many names, the self and the shadow, the hero and the villain, the slayer and the monster, the driver and the dark passenger. We manifest these aspects externally in the form of a single entity or persona that works as a protective mask we present to the world. But deep within we are in a constant labor for balance.

The sinister entity is the seat of creativity representing the true spirit of life in contrast against the altruistic entity. She is the monster, the unconscious, the wild animal that provides for survival of self in the form of the lizard brain. She is the executor of grand schemes and amazing goals, the extroverted beast of building. But she is incapable of building anything that lasts because she lives in the moment, and is the source of rage and seeks momentary gratification. However she can be made agreeable as the wolf in the analogy above.

The altruistic entity is the seat of rationality representing logic and restraint and sees the benefit of long term goals. She is the hero that balances the villain, the slayer that tempers the monsters motion forward. She is the introvert that is the builder from the chaos of the monster. She needs that monster for the raw construction material but must also constantly put that construct at risk of destruction from the monster in the form of sacrifice. In this way the sinister entity is a tool to master through negotiated aggreability but one must also never forget that she is still wild. The altruistic one is the dog - the well trained one, in the analogy above.

Unbalance occurs when one entity stops the other from proceeding in some way. When the plans of the villain don’t interfere with the freedom of others the collaboration is productive. However if the progress of the villain does interfere with the freedoms of others it becomes destructive and the job of the hero becomes one to interrupt those goals. In this process there are times when one entity gains to much control over the other and in either case the results are detrimental. The wild instinct of the sinister one is deeply attractive. It is a seductive raw power that makes us feel safe. But it must be always be tempered by the altruistic in order to find the inspiration to strive for betterment.

Humans are killers; we hunt, we fight and we rage war. The dark is a part of us and it always will be. It is part of the human condition. But that darkness is not who we are any more than the thoughts in our head is who we are. They are simply the constructs of personal defense and survival that work to keep us alive. It creates the drive for survival and creation. Knowing this and embracing it allows choice. Fear is its greatest gift. The difference is in the handling of that fear. When a Sith feels fear she seeks outward to destroy the cause and transformation is the result. When a Jedi feels fear she looks inward to changing herself to never feel a so called "negative" emotion again.

Peace is a lie because passion is ever present as well and it hurts to ignore or not pursue that passion in your life. Conversely though when you are pursuing that passion suffering to become better is manifest so either way peace is a temporary yet false state. We need to find a way to not box everything as being ‘good’ or ‘bad’. A bad thought doesn’t make you a bad person, acting on it does. We are the sum of our actions and not the thoughts in our head. I hear people say they don’t want to be a monster and a few sentences later say that evil people don’t know they are evil. To me this is a contradiction. If you are truly a monster will you ever know it? If this is the case is there really such a thing as evil? I think not. The thing to take away from this is that we are all just human and just as flawed as ever. But there is an intense beauty in that. The Jedi try and deny that beauty but I think the Sith embrace it.

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
Last edit: 19 Oct 2018 16:22 by Kyrin Wyldstar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Khaos, elizabeth, Senan, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2018 17:28 #328163 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Sith Realist Resources

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: The difference is in the handling of that fear. When a Sith feels fear she seeks outward to destroy the cause and transformation is the result. When a Jedi feels fear she looks inward to changing herself to never feel a so called "negative" emotion again.

Peace is a lie because passion is ever present as well and it hurts to ignore or not pursue that passion in your life. Conversely though when you are pursuing that passion suffering to become better is manifest so either way peace is a temporary yet false state. We need to find a way to not box everything as being ‘good’ or ‘bad’. A bad thought doesn’t make you a bad person, acting on it does. We are the sum of our actions and not the thoughts in our head. I hear people say they don’t want to be a monster and a few sentences later say that evil people don’t know they are evil. To me this is a contradiction. If you are truly a monster will you ever know it? If this is the case is there really such a thing as evil? I think not. The thing to take away from this is that we are all just human and just as flawed as ever. But there is an intense beauty in that. The Jedi try and deny that beauty but I think the Sith embrace it.


I like your explanation of human duality it is quite fitting and very much inline with reality. However, there are a few things I disagree with. Passion is ever present, it's needed to achieve that is a fact or else no one would be motivated to do anything, ever. Like passion, peace is ever present also, neither is actually related to one another, that's a figment of us trying to place things into good and bad categories (which we both know doesn't work). Peace is always there you just have to look for it, as is chaos. Tends to be it will always be where you actually look for it.

When a Jedi looks at fear do they really focus on just trying to look inward and hoping to train themselves to never feel a "negative" emotion again?
I personally do not think so, not in my path anyway, a Sith may look to destroy it (and that is a valid path in my eyes as as long as it is not directly harmful to others), I see it as a Jedi should look inward (as a Sith would) to identify the source and reshape it or rebuild it. I accept my negative emotions, in fact it is a good thing to feel them sometimes. As for rejecting the beauty of the imperfect human, (correct me if I am wrong Khaos) I think both Sith and Jedi do almost the exact same, recognize the beauty and then alter it to their specific needs.

Just some thoughts.
Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

Fighting what you cannot see, will only lead you to lash out with violence towards everyone. Know your enemy, and you may find yourself a friend.

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: elizabeth, Tetrahedron, Carlos.Martinez3, Kelrax Lorcken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2018 19:44 #328167 by Khaos
Replied by Khaos on topic Sith Realist Resources

I personally do not think so, not in my path anyway, a Sith may look to destroy it (and that is a valid path in my eyes as as long as it is not directly harmful to others), I see it as a Jedi should look inward (as a Sith would) to identify the source and reshape it or rebuild it. I accept my negative emotions, in fact it is a good thing to feel them sometimes. As for rejecting the beauty of the imperfect human, (correct me if I am wrong Khaos) I think both Sith and Jedi do almost the exact same, recognize the beauty and then alter it to their specific needs.


I would not say a Sith seeks destruction. In fact Sith seek creation.

Destruction is sometimes necessary, and is not avoided when it is. There is also a matter of taking as much pride, and care in what you are destroying as well as creating. Anything worth doing, is worth doing right.

Also I wouldnt say Sith look inward, they just start inward. The language may seem like semantics, and maybe it is, but important semantics. The idea is to move outward, ever outward. Changing your world in accordance with your will.

"Magic is the science and art of causing change in conformance with the will"-Aleister Crowley

As for recognizing the beauty of the imperfect human and embracing it? Oh no, not at all.

We alter it sure, and were anyone really ok with the flaws that are, within, or without, would never seek to change anything.

Hugs and Kisses.
~Khaos~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Karn, elizabeth, Tetrahedron, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.