Double post
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #328089 by
Replied by on topic Sith Realist Resources

I'm contributing to a discussion, not providing step by step instructions.

I was merely contributing as well.

Save the hostility for someone else.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by .

More
5 years 6 months ago #328091 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Sith Realist Resources

Stormcaller wrote: "Pragmatism ", that's what I'm thinking of. Rather than fight it, stepping back and examining it.

I look both ways before crossing the road.

Working knowledge. I look at the address I am heading towards. I check the map to see the fastest way to get there. I make sure to account for weather and things I need to where I am heading (wallet, ID, phone, etc.) before leaving the house. And then I look both ways before crossing the road.

And then I cross it. And then another. And another. Until I get there.

The danger I refer to is overthinking. Analysis paralisis. Being stuck in my house, looking at the map, contemplating the hundreds of ways I must go and what could go wrong, and deeply considering it for hours on end. And then being proud I was so "zen" and so "mature" to think everything through.

And then the day is done and I went nowhere.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
5 years 6 months ago #328092 by Carlos.Martinez3

Manu wrote:

Stormcaller wrote: "Pragmatism ", that's what I'm thinking of. Rather than fight it, stepping back and examining it.

I look both ways before crossing the road.

Working knowledge. I look at the address I am heading towards. I check the map to see the fastest way to get there. I make sure to account for weather and things I need to where I am heading (wallet, ID, phone, etc.) before leaving the house. And then I look both ways before crossing the road.

And then I cross it. And then another. And another. Until I get there.

The danger I refer to is overthinking. Analysis paralisis. Being stuck in my house, looking at the map, contemplating the hundreds of ways I must go and what could go wrong, and deeply considering it for hours on end. And then being proud I was so "zen" and so "mature" to think everything through.

And then the day is done and I went nowhere.

Sounds like Jedi teaching #3

3. Jedi are aware of the future impacts of action and inaction and of the influence of the past, but live in and focus on the Now. We let ourselves flow like water through the events around us. We embrace the ever changing and fluid world, adapting and changing as it does.
Smiley face

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Amaya, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #328094 by
Replied by on topic Sith Realist Resources

Khaos wrote:

I'm contributing to a discussion, not providing step by step instructions.

I was merely contributing as well.

Save the hostility for someone else.

I misread your intent, and apologize. I've much to learn yet about patience and could have thought better of my response -_-U

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #328096 by Ambert The Traveller
This is from the starwars.com website:

Yoda: "Luminous beings are we…not this crude matter.” The Empire Strikes Back

Dave Filoni, supervising director of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and executive producer of Star Wars Rebels, spoke to StarWars.com about the Sith.

He said, “There’s such a big fear of death because they try to hold onto life. And I think that’s why they’re willing to basically mutilate themselves and live these cybernetic half-human lives.”

Yoda’s lesson with this quote reflects the exact opposite of this mentality, and it’s essential to the saga. It speaks to the underlying difference between Jedi and Sith: being completely selfless, and recognizing that the Force binds all life and creation together.

The way of the Jedi is not always the most obvious one. I just refused a possible job with a company which sells machines that produce 85.000 PET plastic bottles per hour, per machine. I could have made quite good money if that was my sole goal and will. But I know that in many countries a good amount of these bottles go straight in the river, in the ocean, on the beaches - in the food chain, back on our plates and those of our children.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Ambert The Traveller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #328098 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Sith Realist Resources
I dont think the quote is valid in life lol
Most Sith dont wear black armour or mutilate themselves.

Everything is belief
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Amaya. Reason: It doesnt need saying
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #328101 by Ambert The Traveller
Elizabeth: You asked for the tie between the quote and the job. To me, taking the job would mean becoming a part of a machinery that produces 85.000 plastic bottles per hour per machine, while ignoring that this machinery is closely connected with the significant up-scaling of a serious current problem which is already leading to significant destruction and suffering of the life and creation we are all closely connected with.

Working on such a job on a daily basis would make me live and promote what I tend to consider a detrimental cybernetic half-human life, on the basis of the fear that '(such) a job is needed to survive' and the excuse that 'it would be done anyway, just by someone else'. Basing a decision on fear is not a good basis for wholesome success. I know there are other means I can earn my daily bread with.

It is not that I may be directly doing anything good for the environment by refusing to do this type of work. For me it is not about the direct result. It is about the course of my life, what I will be involved in, and the decisions and experiences I can be part of in the future. Where the force will guide me, if you so want. And, who knows, there might even be positive indirect effects on a larger scale.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Ambert The Traveller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
5 years 6 months ago #328102 by Carlos.Martinez3
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clergy/120861-carlos-book-of-change#315848
A name or your body, which is worth more?
your belly, or your wealth, which do you prize?
gain-loss, which hurts more?
An excess love will take its toll
Strong will weigh heavy from loss
rejoice in the way things are
To know when to stop is to be preserved from peril
This idea can help prosper

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Ambert The Traveller

More
5 years 6 months ago #328116 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Sith Realist Resources

elizabeth wrote: I dont think the quote is valid in life lol
Most Sith dont wear black armour or mutilate themselves.

Back in my punk days that was called "Skateboarding"..............Ask my teeth and screws in my jaw about cyborg style life :)

Just adding some humor. Ambert, that is an awesome move for something you believe in and that is very respectable to me. Believe it or not that does have an impact on the whole environment.

Manu, Contemplation can lead to inaction for sure. For some reason this always brings me too, and maybe because I have been practicing this style for a bit now, the old style of samurai duels. Kneeling across from each other bowing then having a moment of contemplation. In that moment you sit and try to figure out everything possible that your opponent could do or that you could do, but after some practice I realized, It's almost better to just allow myself to be still of mind. In doing this as soon as I do move the movement is unpredictable as with out thinking we often telegraph our moves when we plan them. It also allows me a chance to counter the unexpected as even with all the contemplation in the world sometimes things will not go the way we can predict. Ironically it is kind of funny that we spend about 30 to 60 seconds doing this before each round which last maybe 3 to 5 seconds total, I have only had 1 or 2 rounds out of maybe 20 or thirty 7 round matches where both of us got to our feet and had a longer exchange lasting more than 30 seconds. Then there's the ego thing you mentioned, we all suck at that, getting high and mighty, placing ourselves on pedestals is a life long process to over come. In the least though we can work towards it, thinking we can ever 100% be free of that idea is for sure something that will lead us to what I like to call "Mr. Mackey Syndrome"

Attachment mr_mackey_2_400x400.jpg not found

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Ambert The Traveller

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi