Sith Realist Resources

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #328212 by
Replied by on topic Sith Realist Resources

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: [

A sith will never allow the river to take them. They would never give up that power. Instead they manipulate the river, change its course, corrupt its flow and reshape it to a design they require without regard to what others feel it should be. They imbue it with their essence and as a result transform it to fulfill their desires. There is nothing passive in this where intent is just accepted. It is a wholly active process where intent is forced outward in accordance with the siths will. Jedi allow themselves to be shaped by their environment, while on the other hand sith shape their environment to their design.

Haha.

Only dead fish go with the flow.

The Sith path is a path of life.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #328217 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Sith Realist Resources
Only fish literally dying to mate swim up stream. Heh

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
5 years 6 months ago #328277 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Sith Realist Resources
I think the really key here is to realize you are the river not the fish. Even the most raging river have to abide by several laws even when they carve the deepest canyon .

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #328284 by
I have no idea what this means.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #328289 by

Kobos wrote: I think the really key here is to realize you are the river not the fish. Even the most raging river have to abide by several laws even when they carve the deepest canyon .

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

You still make my point. Even though a river appears to be flowing around stuff it is, in actuality, one of the most destructive and creative forces on the planet. Constantly carving and shaping its environment, bending it to its will, channeling the deepest canyons or creating the most magnificent deltas. Nothing withstands its force and the only laws it obeys is the laws of physics. Beyond that all is fair game for its power. It seems you are saying the Jedi are but an illusion because they fail to look deep enough at life to see what is really going on. ;)

More
5 years 6 months ago #328292 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Sith Realist Resources
Maybe, it's that it is all an illusion :) , and it is all a balance, while the river flows it is confined in its shape even while it changes it the environment and well shape, I was not meant to argue your point only present a different perspective..........

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #328321 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Sith Realist Resources
Bansenshukai!!!
Hehe, reminds me of the book of ninja's; "All Rivers Merge into the Sea.
I'm more of a salt water type myself. Tributaries/distributaries are for those scared of the deep water.... and hey fear makes a great ally if you like running away :P

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #343455 by
If I may offer my own thoughts about how I view the difference between Jedi and Sith (aside from all this fish stuff, lol), the conversation on this thread as I've read it has made me think of a scene from a Spider-Man video game, Edge of Time.

SPOILERS
In this game, we learn that Peter Parker was the CEO of Alchemax all along, which is the company responsible for ALL of the USA's problems in 2099. The Sith and Jedi differ to me in a similar way 2099 Peter and Present Peter view Power and Responsibility.

Present Peter would simply say "With great power, comes great responsibility." Present Peter clearly interprets this as "The more power you have, the more you are responsible for what happens around you." He knows all too well that his powers and the powers of others are what makes the difference between helping and hurting people, and he chooses to help.
2099 Peter still holds his acute awareness of power in his mind, but after he lost everyone he loved to a non-specified event that he was powerless to stop, his moral phrase was twisted in his own head. When he speaks to Present Peter, he has this to say:
"With great power comes great responsibility... and opportunity. And the only way to live up to all that responsibility is to use every opportunity to get ALL the power."
But wait, if Present Peter interprets "responsibility" as "to others", and 2099 Peter got twisted this way because he didn't have enough power, then doesn't that just make 2099 Peter power-hungry so he can help others? How is he like a Sith?
It's harder to notice if you don't truly understand the horrible things Alchemax is tied to, which is more explicit in the comics. Drugging workers into addiction with an exclusive serum and paying them in money AND the serum so they can't leave, even in the face of immoral human experiments, pollution without regulations, and a police equipped with hidden security cameras in every imaginable space that arrest you if you speak or do anything even slightly interpreted as unusual? Does that sound like helping?
It does, a little, when you stop to think about it, right? Well, he needs his workers, and the police are preventing crime before it happens, right?
Consider this: the Sith acquire all the power they possibly can in service of a personal goal. They discard morals and emotion in order to attain whatever they need to, not just achieve, but crush this personal goal into the dirt. This is what 2099 Peter has done, where as Present Peter is content to do the most of what he can with what he has without going out of his way for more, and more, and more... like the Jedi are.

Or, the spoiler free TL;DR version:
The Jedi are "With great power comes great responsibility [to others]".
The Sith are "I need ALL the power so I can do anything and everything I've ever wanted [which can sometimes include others if it suits me]".

If that makes any sense.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #347436 by
Do you think realist sithism would be equal/comparative to LaVeys philosophical satanism?

I mean, the core values, and stuff. LaVeys teaching can be summarised as such: "You shall do what you want, as long as it doesnt hurt anyone else (except if they deserve it :evil: )".

Or is this in practice closer to the practic of a grey jedi?

What do you think?
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by .

More
4 years 4 months ago #347442 by Carlos.Martinez3
What ya looking for? Sith isn’t our thing here. It is in other places but not here. I’m a A Levey fan myself along with ideas like Alister Crowley and A Rand but I like to hear other peoples actual ideas as well. What ya think?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi