"how do you show your love to your world?"

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #151920 by Jestor

Jestor wrote:

Khaos wrote:
Again, a conclusion offered with no real backing of evidence.

Lack of proof does not mean it doesnt exist...

It means merely it cannot be proven... ( I might add, "at this time", lol...)

Come on Khaos, lol...

All sorts of things we purported to exist before they could be 'proven'....

But the effects can be seen, regardless of whether or not it can be proven to your satisfaction....

Something triggers those feelings, just like they trigger the feelings we have for hate, envy or any other emotion...:)

Prove what they are... Or are not... lol, besides an idea...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #151928 by Proteus

baru wrote: I am exploring the power of Love. I do like the belief that the unifying force is powered by Love. The connections that bond us can be called Love and make up the vibration that we relate to as "love".

So how do you connect with your world?
How do you radiate or amplify the love in your world to increase the connective power of the Force?

I feel it begins with learning.

- Always seek to learn, without thinking you already know.
- Through learning you address fears and insecurities and establish trust and genuine wonder.
- Through trust and wonder you become aware of beauty.
- Through the awareness of beauty, you may find beauty within yourself.
- Through finding beauty within yourself, you find what there is to love toward yourself.
- Through finding what there is to love toward yourself, you find the same thing to love toward everyone else.

The above process is not intellectual, and you cannot "think" your way through it. You cannot "make it happen". You can only "let' it happen when it is ready and when you are not in its way. It is not simply a belief or a philosophy. It is a naturally created, steadily drawn-out realization that grows within you as long as you let it.

What comes of it, is simply whatever it is you unquestionably love to do in the world and who you decide to become through your adventure.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, OB1Shinobi

More
9 years 8 months ago #151973 by Breeze el Tierno
I try to work on myself so that I can be of the best service possible. I also try to be kind enough, even while I support people in their growth, to allow them the space to be whoever they happen to be without me needing them to be different.

They are both difficult, but the continued effort when it is hardest is loving as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #198948 by
I do my best to clear my field so that my true love for people can radiate out. I do my best to let go of my judgement, resentment and biases that can block my divine care for all life.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #213423 by
I try to do it through kindness and generosity. I'm pretty confident that I have never once made an enemy through treating them badly. I like to think I am good with that. Also, I just try to encourage people to be friendly with one another. It might not make a huge difference at first, but the small changing of everyone's behavior can solely make a difference.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #261548 by
Bhakti Yoga.
the act of loving oneself and the force.
being love in ones life.

I define live as acceptance, appreciation and care.

I find the challenge is being awake to the reality of our present state of being and still being able to love into it. Can I accept and appreciate the present state of our world?

One good days, yes. On down days, I am challenged.

How to you remind yourself to love first when lost in the humanity of the situation?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265986 by

baru wrote: I am exploring the power of Love. I do like the belief that the unifying force is powered by Love. The connections that bond us can be called Love and make up the vibration that we relate to as "love".

So how do you connect with your world?
How do you radiate or amplify the love in your world to increase the connective power of the Force?

I try to express my love of mankind by using two of the few wisdom sayings in the bible and arguing/discussing biblical morality with Christians. I do the same with Muslims but few of them seem to or are willing to do so.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

If I am correct in my moral position on issues and can convince my interlocutor, then a bit more light is put into the Dark Force. So to speak.

Regards
DL

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265987 by

Jestor wrote: By showing compassion where I am able...

And showing "tough love" where I feel I must...

The perfect balance and the same ideology as Gnostic Christianity.

Regards
DL

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265990 by

Khaos wrote:

Chemicals are activated, and we call them love, and you can activate those chemicals in another.
]

Let me first say that love is an emotion, not a chemical, and we do not call the chemicals involved love.

Perhaps you can enlighten me on a question though.

What triggers your brain to produce the chemicals in question?

In Gnostic Christian terms, I can see an analogy between vision and love and what follows is how we express it and I would like to compare your answer to that.

Gnostic Jesus was questioned as to what sees the vision, -- and for here visions or real feelings of love.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/maps/primary/mary.html

The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'

For where the mind is, there is the treasure.

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Regards
DL

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265991 by

baru wrote: I do my best to clear my field so that my true love for people can radiate out. I do my best to let go of my judgement, resentment and biases that can block my divine care for all life.

Let go your judgement.

Are you saying that if you were chatting with some guy at a bar and learned he had just killed someone, and was going to kill again, that you would let go your judgement and just let him go without judging him evil and doing something about it?

Please say it is not so and that there is a time to hate in your ideology.

If you cannot hate well, then I don't think you can love well as both emotions are directly tied to works and deeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ga_M5Zdn4

Regards
DL

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi