"The Hero's Journey" & Krishna Consciousness

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245560 by
ISKCON of DC posted this awesome lecture which does a nice analysis of Joseph Campbell's work in the context of Krishna Consciousness:

"The Hero's Journey" on Soundcloud

What do you think? As a Krishna devotee myself I listen to ISKCON of DC's lectures quite often... they tend to talk about interesting topics that are applicable to daily life. Hope I posted this in the right place -- had to share it. B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #245577 by Adder
Star Wars even gets a mention!!! :lol: B)
Thanks, interesting listen. Ms Adder used to meditate and do yoga with a few Hare Krishna, I don't know anything at all about it but it seems a nice 'view', but not sure how it translates into action necessarily. Listening to this makes me want to go searching for monomyths!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #245685 by
Monomyths, monomyths everywhere! :laugh:

If you're at all interested, I highly suggest reading the Bhagavad Gita. That's the foundational text for Krishna Consciousness and it covers topics of meditation, yoga of action (karma), yoga of knowledge (jnana), and devotional service (bhakti). A lot of it falls in-line with Jedi teachings. Actually there's a whole book about that called The Jedi in the Lotus by Steven Rosen. He's a pretty well-known author in the Hare Krishna community and has a good sense of humor.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi