Question

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72773 by
Question was created by
I noticed online that there are thousands of independent sites for Jediism. Am I correct in assuming that all of them are legitimate?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #72775 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Re: Question
No, there are really only 7-9 active English Speaking Jedi Orders(for realists, the religion and/or pragmatic) online that are considered "legit", you are currently at one of them. When looking for ones which are historical, you want to look for names such as: Rekclaw, Xhaiden, Opie MacLeod, Streen, Mindas A'rran, Setanaoko, Xhaiden, Spark Vallen, Silmerion and Catanna (which only links you to one order, but they are noteworthy as we still have their members around).

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Alethea Thompson.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #72776 by
Replied by on topic Re: Question
Thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72778 by
I'm curious as to what you mean by 'legit', I don't know if we're 'legit', but we are a community of people that call themselves Jedi lol

We are the largest, most organised and most active of the Jedi communities but that doesn't mean we are the 'right' one

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72779 by
Ones that are active and are not satirical.

More
11 years 7 months ago #72780 by Alethea Thompson
When I get to a computer, I can send you a list. But if you are looking more for the religion, ToTJO (thus far) is your best bet. If you want philosophy, well I'll outline which are best for the different paths. It ends up becoming a matter of style, and to some degrees the quality or structure of the order's "heirarchy".

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72781 by
I would like to see that, thank you. One of my classes this semester (I start Monday) is perspectives on religion.

More
11 years 7 months ago #72783 by Alethea Thompson
Your order may need some work, but the truth is we ALL need work on improving our programs. I've seen some good turn outs from ToTJO (met a few of you in person, even ^^), it is because of those members participating here and actively seeking to improve the people around them AS Jedi that gets the stamp of approval. And let's face it, getting put on the list by me is a rather difficult task.

Whether or not someone else categorizes you as legit or not is not my concern- because I feel I have a unique position within the community to accurately tell you whether or not you are a legit group. ToTJO gets my stamp of approval.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72788 by

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #73186 by
Alethea Thompson, could you send me a list of those websites too? I am planning on writing a documentary about the History of Jediism, so if you could send in some good direction for that too.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi