changing Image

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #62466 by
changing Image was created by
I posted this in my journal, but I want to open it for anyone to respond to.....

I want to change my image, not radically but sufficiently enough as it can been seen by others. Its time to take control of the lacking part of my persona. I don't desire turning the clock back but reducing the elements that control how and what I do...

I am looking for advise and would be grateful if any can spare to time to chat, as to how they believe I may achieve my goals..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #62508 by
Replied by on topic Re: changing Image
May I ask as to the driving motivation behind seeking to change your external appearance?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #62510 by
Are we talking physical or mental (personality, motivation, emotion etc)? I assume you mean the latter. What is it you are not comfortable with? Or maybe just your online persona you want to change?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #62544 by
I gone through quite a transformation in the past 18 months professionally and now I feel that I need to take stock of my personal issues (meaning my appearance and the way I present my myself). I want to lead by design and at the moment that is just not a possibility....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #62547 by
I try not to dwell on how other people see me otherwise you end up living your life under the control of others. But that's more of an ideal and I know how it is when we worry about how others think of us. I do feel image can be important in work as this may attract or obstruct business. Take care of your soul, guiding principle, moral character or whatever you want to call it and don't compromise on that. You external appearence/persona will always please some people and not others. We are in control of our inner self and no-one can affect that. We are not in control of how others see us and never can be. It's nice to be liked but try not to worry too much especially if it means you let your inner self take second place. Avoid the cult of celebrity and its affects on the desires of us lesser mortals.

PS ignore all of this as I am far to flawed to give advise!!! I should take it myself. Its really just a rehash of Stoic philosophy. Recomended reading for all. Happy to chat more if I'm not being intrusive.

More
11 years 9 months ago #62553 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Re: changing Image
Goddess : What influences further than any other aspect of how others see you is how YOU see you.

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

More
11 years 9 months ago #62554 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Re: changing Image
I could very well say "You are just fine the way you are", however this will not helpful. The matter here is the fact that you are not satisfied yet with your current state and wish to improve it.

So my thoughts (though I am no expert):

When we wish to adjust something with ourselves, we learn what it will take to adjust that part of us.

Example: If you wish to lose weight, have more self-esteem and confidence, going through a good workout routine and changing your diet can and should have a huge impact on this, given it is consistent over time. Many other issues than just the weight and esteem can also be affected in that, you worry less about those extra issues and are, instead, more inclined to find / create solutions for them, almost every time.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #62555 by
I shall have to talk further with you all of you, maybe on Skyep...

I just feel that something is missing....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #62556 by
but what?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #62591 by
Something missing? Such a common problem. What you are looking for is inside you. No amount of external changes will help. More money, more friends, sleeker body, admiration from others- they only help for a short while, then you get used to them (hedonistic adaption) and realise the 'something' is still missing. I have been a man of science and logic my whole life and only now see that there are things beyond this that are important. Probably my age! Change the inner you and let it permeate out rather than the other way round. It's cheaper too!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi