Tattoos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #45980 by
Tattoos was created by
I am a young jedi, very new. And I enjoy getting tattoos, And I would like to know the Temples status or other jedis opinions on this

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 3 months ago #45984 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Tattoos
Honestly. I believe the Temple has no official stance...

Personally, I think the majority of us already have tattoos.... lol...

Thumbs up, I've got my next four or five planned!! :lol: :silly: :woohoo:

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #45986 by
Replied by on topic Re: Tattoos
Seems to me, tattoos might actually be encouraged amongst the Jedi, especially in the mythology. I've been studying the stories to see if there was ever REALLY a Jedi uniform! There is definitely not. Jedi could wear basically anything.. even the robe wasn't a constant throughout the timeline of all characters. I think even the Jedi of the mythology may have adorned themselves with tattoos. Especially, cultural tattoos or religious in origin. A way for a Jedi to still feel connected to one's culture.

More
12 years 3 months ago #45992 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: Tattoos
I have a few and each holds some significance to me.

The two on my chest are for medals of courage I earned during my service in the U.S. Army. The one on my right arm is to remind me of what R. W. Emerson said, " The deep man believes that the evil eye will wither, the hearts blessing can heal and love will overcome all odds."

My next one will be on my left arm, the emblem of the Jedi order. But I am waiting till I have earned it in my eyes before I put it on.

I would hope that the Temple has no official position on it and that it would not offend any future Master I might have. Because, I have no intentions of getting them removed or not proceeding with my plans.

Follow what you know to be true in your heart.
And may the Force be with you.

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #45998 by
Yeah I have two tattoos myself and I plan on getting a lot more, like wescli I also plan on incorporating my Jediism belief into one of my future tattoos. I doubt that the temple has any official stance either for or against tattoos.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #46004 by
I have a lot of Tattoos, and it does not help when your best friend is an award winning artist with his own tattoo studio :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

A lot of people use tattoos to help them deal with life changing situations, a kind of healing process.

Mine have a very Zen & Japanese influence.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #46005 by
I have thought of getting a couple different tattoos for months now. I even picked out the design of one and the letters of the other. Just haven't taken the plunge yet (or needle, as it were, haha).

Like most others on this thread, I doubt there is any prohibition on tattoos. I certainly haven't come across anything remotely hinting at some kind of prohibition of them on this site.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #46009 by
I'm getting one next month of the JEDI Symbol. Look up hotrod tattoo in Chandler.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 3 months ago #46010 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Tattoos
i would have to agree with jestor, i've been here for several years and in all my research have never found anything against tats...i have several myself(right arm is sleeved, plus one on left shoulder)...the way i see it, your body is your personal temple so you should be able to decorate it in any manor that suits your own tastes...personally i think tats should have a personal or spiritual meaning to the individual...many of mine have to do with my chinese zodiak(year of the dragon/at the time of the dragons ascension to the heavens)

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 3 months ago #46014 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Tattoos
http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/General-Discussions/35792-A-quick-question-to-more-experienced-Jedi#35792

According to Br. John and GrandMaster Mark, totjo has no policy....

I knew I'd read that somewhere.... Heck, I even commented on that thread!!!

Someone... recently joined and is a tattoo artist... now, to get us all in one place for a Tattoo party.... :woohoo:

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi