Doing the IP in reverse?

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Inactive
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
1 year 11 months ago #368173 by Whyte Horse
With the exception of lesson 13 about what you learned from the IP, it appears that it make more sense to me to work through it backwards starting at lesson 12. Now, I don't want to be difficult so should I just do it all and save to libreoffice files and then post them in order once they're completed? My main concern is that the people reading my journal won't have any time between posts to cogitate but instead will have 12+ posts all thrown out at once.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #368178 by River
Replied by River on topic Doing the IP in reverse?
I believe the lessons are actually designed to build on each other in their proper order, and so shoild be done front to back
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by River.

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Inactive
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
1 year 11 months ago #368179 by Whyte Horse

River wrote: I believe the lessons are actually designed to build on each other in their proper order, and so shoild be done front to back

I understand that but I've done the old IP and so it's a working backwards thing. I'm not going to learn anything new from the first few lessons other than who the new people are, maybe some mods to the jedi code, etc. I'm over the whole "what is the force?" thing. These are after thoughts that would be better pondered upon as a reflection of the later lessons.

Anyway, yeah I can see how a totally new person would be completely lost doing what I'm doing and so the structure matters to them. You don't just dive into Smart's 7 dimensions on day one :).

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

More
1 year 11 months ago #368180 by Zero
Replied by Zero on topic Doing the IP in reverse?
As one of the authors of the new ip, I’m gonna back river here…..the lessons were designed to build on one another……don’t do it in reverse order.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentice: Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini, Khwang

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

More
1 year 11 months ago #368181 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Doing the IP in reverse?
Hello Whyte Horse

Yes please do the lessons in the order they appear

Welcome back by the way

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
1 year 11 months ago #368189 by River
Replied by River on topic Doing the IP in reverse?

Whyte Horse wrote: I'm not going to learn anything new from the first few lessons other than who the new people are, maybe some mods to the jedi code, etc. I'm over the whole "what is the force?" thing. These are after thoughts that would be better pondered upon as a reflection of the later lessons.

I would encourage you to approach the IP with a "beginner’s mind." I did the 2022 IP as an apprentice, after having done the old IP, and I found that I learned in every assignment - sometimes profoundly. I hope that you are able to embrace the experience as an entirely new chance to learn about yourself, the Temple, and Jediism.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi