Matriculation in the Order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 5 months ago #355670 by
The Clergy of the Order was created by
You know, i like this temple,Hence why i joined, But i have a slight issue.
If someone has already followed a path for most of their adult life,And this path literally mimics what you have as the temples entire motif...How could a person start as a novice,
when they have been entitled with the rank of master already? they can't my friend.
This is why i am only a member and not an initiate...I refuse to have my life's traing undermined just to customize myself to YOUR views of the jedi.But never the less, I will still defend the temple,and jediism for the rest of my days. thanks man for this place.
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 5 months ago #355671 by Carlos.Martinez3
Jedi Believe
In the Force, and in the inherent worth of all life within it.

In the sanctity of the human person. We oppose the use of torture and cruel or unusual punishment, including the death penalty.

In a society governed by laws grounded in reason and compassion, not in fear or prejudice.

In a society that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or circumstances of birth such as gender, ethnicity and national origin.

In the ethic of reciprocity, and how moral concepts are not absolute but vary by culture, religion, and over time.

In the positive influence of spiritual growth and awareness on society.

In the importance of freedom of conscience and self-determination within religious, political and other structures.

In the separation of religion and government and the freedoms of speech, association, and expression.

This is not ours - nor is anything here. All we do is share. There are many parallels in the world and in faith. Take some time to find out what we do here friend. Spend some time in the forums and see what we are all about? We got stuff on discord almost every day, there’s alway live chat and virtual tea and cookies. There’s people here who are actively serving and waiting for questions and to send encouragement here. Sit back in the library and see if we don’t have something you may? Take some time to find and take some time to share.

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Introduce-yourself

May the Force continue to be with you friend.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skryym
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 5 months ago #355673 by
Replied by on topic The Clergy of the Order
May i suggest...That if someone tries to join the temple,But they make claims that they are no initiate..
Instead of forcing them to take the path that true initiates would take,You should test their knowledge with a series of questions...
According on how they answer,You will know if they speak the truth...And if they do,REWARD them with a rank that matches their knowledge
and wisdom on the subject of spiritual paths...Not everyone who tries to join is an initiate..You being jedi,should know this and keep it in mind to be fair.
But hey,just a suggestion,Unless you guys don't think you are that good at judging characters, Which you are. i meant no disrespect,And i only say" your" ideas because they are presented in a certain manner on "you guys" site,And they are the tools in which you judge to see if anyone is worthy of leveling up in rank.I share many of these ideas,and wish no ill will. But clearly our minds take different roads when it comes to this topic. Thank you for your time.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 5 months ago #355674 by
It seems you underestimate again by suggesting i spend time in the library,Which you said yourself is only shared information,Information that can be found without this site...
If one is already familiar, How can he be made to undermine his training to learn the same but only in "your" method of operation to achieve a rank to match knowledge he already had/has? Again mean no disrespect.
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #355675 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic The Clergy of the Order
I created a new topic here

I'd like to add that I have joined 3 orders after already attaining the rank of Knight here.

I did not demand the rank of Knight in their Orders. I have started at the beginning.

Each Order has their own flavor. Each Order has things they focus on.

Each has their own statement of beliefs

And most importantly each has their own students.

If you're going to teach them, you'll have to be familiar with their foundation.

To your point, I'm not completely against matriculation.

But if you are worried about being seen as a Novice isn't that a bit concerning

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skryym, forestjedi
More
3 years 5 months ago #355677 by Skryym
Replied by Skryym on topic The Clergy of the Order

Drak wrote: ...when they have been entitled with the rank of master already? they can't my friend.

Nobody here is entitled to the rank of master. It is just a label, and your intellectual value as a human being is not determined by your rank of guest, novice, apprentice, knight, or master.

I agree that it may seem unfair that you have to go through the Initiate Program, and that a "test" of some sort may be better suited to someone who has already trained significantly. But a real master would familiarize themselves with the IP (indeed, they would go through it themselves) because that would be the best way to empathize and connect with future students. I have been studying here at TOTJO for nearly 5 years. If I were to suddenly join another website with an entirely different set of rules and training program, I would go through the training like any novice. The best teachers incorporate themselves any culture which they find themselves in.

We are always in need of noble leadership, so if you are truly a master who has undergone significant training, I encourage you to share those reflections in the community (in general) and the IP (in particular).

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
TM: Loudzoo
Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Carlos.Martinez3
More
3 years 5 months ago #355678 by Wescli Wardest

Over my… however many years it’s been now, I have seen a lot of people come and tell how they are this and that at different places. And good for them and where they did whatever at.

That said, this is not those places. Even if someone has already read everything in the IDP at some prior point in their life, the IDP is not about the past. The IDP is the Individual Development Program. As living beings we should never stop developing. Doing what is asked of the individual is a part of the IDP as well. If an individual knows it all already, then there is no need for them to be here. If they understand the hero’s journey and the masks that each person wears, then they know there is no “need” to have rank awarded.

There are those that believe completing assignments and learning different things should grant leveling up. I have never prescribed to the Nintendo way of advancement. The person either used the tools presented to grow as a person and we are comfortable with them holding a rank that would represent us publicly, or they did not.

:)

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Carlos.Martinez3, Skryym
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #355680 by
My bro, this temple uses "completing assignments" as a way of ranking up...
Nobody said anything about a "nintendo " ranking system.
I was simply stating and suggesting,That if some one already has the knowledge that they would learn anyhow,Why make them pointlessly run laps? I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers,and can fully appreciate all the hard work that everyone has put in this place to earn they spots,But to be real, i appreciate my training as well and all the years i put into it. on the home page it states.."Whether you want to become a Jedi, are a real Jedi looking for additional training...This does not mean," throw all your spiritual training away,
Just to re learn the same things from our copy and pasted yet slightly modified shared information and creeds..just to be considered part of our temple or represent the temple,Publicly with a rank..." This is the last i will say... I respect all of the jedi in this place for i my self am a jedi,And a follower and child of the FORCE or the universe or how ever one chooses to see it, And i respect the rules,But agree to disagree.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by .
More
3 years 5 months ago #355681 by forestjedi
Replied by forestjedi on topic The Clergy of the Order
No-one is made to "pointlessly run laps".

All study beyond the IP (the exact "get new members to complete some assignments so you can assess their potential" process you describe) is tailored to the individual.

No Knight or Master feels there is no point in further study, no room for further growth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Skryym
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 5 months ago #355682 by
All that first paragraph is a nice thought,But if it does not really matter,Why is it a thing,
Why is certain people cut off from certain aspects of the site with out being authorized by "RANK"?
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi