Can you have a relationship with someone and still be a jedi

More
4 years 6 months ago #343915 by Rex
I think your whole (rhetorical) question is based on a massive misunderstanding of TotJO

I hate to break it to you, but I don't know anyone (including at TotJO) who can use the force to make lightning, seductively move other people's fruit, or lift their starship out of a swamp. At the same time, don't let me stop you from looking for that elsewhere.
If you do find that not having human interaction gives you super powers, I'd ask you tell me... but then you'd lose your powers, so I guess I'll have to be content

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kohadre

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #343916 by
Your are one big butt arent ya. I'm sorry you think we have intergalactic space ships and lightening is dark side and as for fruit. I'm already almost doing that. Too bad your so limited. Please just leave me alone butt rex!

More
4 years 6 months ago #343921 by forestjedi
Being a Jedi means having a relationship with and to everyone, at all times. Some will be more intimate than others, and that's OK. Some may be romantic, and that's OK.

Real-world Jedi are human, and humans do things like this. What's important isn't a "you can do this" and "you can't do that" set of rules. It's a mindfulness, an attention to one's own life, own intent, and own motivation which matters.

Jedi "can" do almost anything if the intent is pure. So the question becomes: can you have a relationship with someone and still be a Jedi?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #343933 by
No I would think you cant be a Jedi and have a relationship though. Thats what I think Im saying. If you call yourself a Jedi after the Jedi in the movies but you have a relationship then you are not a Jedi like that. you are something else arent you? I dont get why call yourself a Jedi then? What makes you Jedi and not something else? I guess, I asked this to another, What is the same in this place as the Jedi in movies that you call yourself Jedi?

More
4 years 6 months ago #343935 by Carlos.Martinez3
What’s a Jedi ? This is a classic and a question that will never die. As long as there are modern day Jeddist - this question will be alive and well. It’s part of our gain and loss - where’s the point where we say who’s who or is it more what I am rather than looking at other people shoulders and wondering what they got going on... is it like that or is it or can it be to some point where we accept or tolerate other people’s choices along with ours. So many choices.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #343938 by
I guess its choices...? But there must be something that ties you to them, right? like I hear people sayin that Jedi got so much wrong.. so why are you trying to be someone that got so much wrong?

More
4 years 6 months ago #343939 by Rex
"Jediism is the religion of those who regard their Jedi practice as a religious vocation. Jedi observe a metaphysical entity called the Force and often practice meditation. Jedi beliefs at this Temple are outlined by our Doctrine and developed through participation in our training programmes.

The Temple is welcoming and you do not need to be religious, or even a Jedi, to accept our Doctrine or participate in our training programmes or on our forum.

Temple of the Jedi Order (TotJO) is a legally recognized Jedi Church and ministry of Jediism. While our focus as an organization is on Jedi religious practice, our doors are open to everyone and participation with us does not require Jedi faith.

We are a group of individuals coming together in a community to promote goodwill, understanding, compassion and serenity. We pursue a spiritual and human awareness so we may serve the world.

Here are some things TotJO is not: we are not a role-playing site, we do not teach mystical powers or how to build lightsabers, we are not a dedicated Star Wars fan site, we are not affiliated with George Lucas or Disney and we are not for people who just want to wear a badge reading "I'm a Jedi".

There are many Jedi communities across the internet with a great variety of beliefs, customs and policies. As a community we will do our best to address your concerns and take on board your views, but no one community may offer you exactly what you are looking for. If you would feel more comfortable elsewhere maybe one of the other Jedi communities would correspond more to your needs."

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #343946 by forestjedi

Fyxe wrote: No I would think you cant be a Jedi and have a relationship though. Thats what I think Im saying. If you call yourself a Jedi after the Jedi in the movies but you have a relationship then you are not a Jedi like that. you are something else arent you? I dont get why call yourself a Jedi then? What makes you Jedi and not something else? I guess, I asked this to another, What is the same in this place as the Jedi in movies that you call yourself Jedi?

Well on evidence of this organisation and others like it, your opinion is not one people here share - but if it's key to what it means to you to be Jedi to be celibate, by all means, dismiss anyone in a relationship as "not a Jedi". It is in my definition of Jediism that it is inclusive, compassionate and open. There is room for both views :)

I guess the only point I'd make beyond complete acceptance of your view, for you, is that... real-world Jediism has to cope with all the stuff that isn't in Star Wars. By the narrow definition of Star Wars... we'd be midichlorian screening everyone before allowing them to access the site, and demanding proof of telekinetic powers :side:

Can you still be a Jedi if you poop? Cos they never show them doing that in Star Wars... :whistle:
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by forestjedi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick, Rex

More
4 years 6 months ago #343948 by TheDude
Jedi believe “In the Force, and in the inherent worth of all life within it.”
Isn’t reproduction necessary for producing said life? How could we be opposed to the relationships which bring about reproduction in a healthy manner?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #343949 by
So if there Jedi here aren't like Jedi in the movies or do what the Jedi did in the movies what do you do and why do you call it Jedi?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi