Can you have a relationship with someone and still be a jedi

More
4 years 6 months ago #343819 by Rex
You should know to do it. That doesn't mean it's easy or that you know how to do it.
But that's not the question being asked.

Is pointing a new person to the doctrine and FAQ tabs (which would answer it) mean?

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #343820 by
I should know how to do it? Like a babe suckling a teet? Oh sorry, guess I must be retarded.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #343821 by
Hmm it says your an IP team lead and yet your thing is reatrucectd so I cant even talk to uoy?? Not sure if this place is even legit?

More
4 years 6 months ago #343822 by Carlos.Martinez3
Is there anything I can help ya with feel free to send me a pm. If your on discord send me a line as well. Looking forward to hearing from ya!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
4 years 6 months ago #343823 by Rex
What I said was "you should know to do it. That doesn't mean it's easy or that you know how to do it" (which I stand behind)

I'm genuinely not trying to be hostile. People make decisions based on how they prioritize things (whether or not they're conscious of it). I just genuinely think if you read the FAQ, it would be helpful. I don't think you're retarded.

If you want help with the IP, pm me and I'll assign you to someone.

"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

More
4 years 6 months ago #343824 by JamesSand
It would seem we're off to a rocky start, I'm not inclined to guess why or attempt to establish blame.

As far as it goes Fyxe, we're the lot of us a rambunctious group, but I would say on the whole not many of us are mean, or filled with intent to deliberately lead you astray.

That said, we generate more than our fair share of misunderstandings, so certainly seek clarification on any given point or statement, but I would shy away from immediately assessing anything as explicitly hostile.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Rex,

More
4 years 6 months ago #343833 by Eleven
Simply put I see no problem with it as long as it’s not abusive relationship.

We do not follow a code much like the films. It’s similar in ways but in others not so. This is your journey, your universe, what you bring or don’t is up to you no one else.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #343834 by

Rex wrote:

I was just told by rex in PM that I dont get to ask for this even though he said in public to ask him? I'm not sure I get this place???

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #343837 by Adder

Chastity of the body may be miserliness of the spirit. ~ Kahlil Gibran

Said every addict ever! Be it love, lust, or mentation..... until it over takes them and all that is left is to try and survive. As an addiction requires one to view the body as a tool for their experience, to justify its abuse. The survivors realize they need to respect the integration of body and mind more seriously, and learn to delay gratification. But some forced habituation is more sustainable then others, even healthy in some contexts. It doesn't have to be black and white. Black and white is like a blaster, a clumsy and random weapon :D

So I'd say the are four spaces around the three pillars; embodiement of (Force) focus enacts knowledge to embed wisdom into extension of self into ones environment. Non-Jedi might focus on self as a type of wisdom and use knowledge to shape that selfish focus to extend themselves out as gratify and reinforce their own identity, and it's this approach which might occur with a close partner relationship... where your preference for the object of attachment shapes your focus, rather then a shared focus to the Force. Being as long as the relationship has basis of focus and the motives overlap then it might survive. But their might be a natural tendency to expedient means, so while even the ideal pairing will probably have testing pressures straining it from time to time, I think most people usually just grasp at things they want and swing at things they don't want.

And I think 'love' in the quoted context is the romantic nuclear attachment, the ideal of it which weddings seems to promise. But more pragmatically those relationships takes a huge range of potential different forms, and seems to be more accurate to view them as partnerships with negotiation of functional relations. The problem with that unromantic view is it ignores many parts of the human experience, and I think things like cultures of family serve as rituals and paradigms to create a platform for these things to be enabled into experience. This is where it might be said to be incompatible, for if a Jedi path is closer communion with the Force, then a marriage could be closer communion with each other. So in that thinking the best outcome for a Jedi would probably be to hook up with another Jedi, lol. Then there is the issue of kids, so even in that idealistic version it would be a distraction from ones own embodiement of the Force even if it were not extending their connection (via attachment) through family. So I'd say it really is only a limit in the fiction, because its not like any of us really live monastic or ascetic levels of focus in reality. Fun topic, yet a bit distracted?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leah Starspectre

More
4 years 6 months ago #343841 by Rex

Fyxe wrote:

Rex wrote:

I was just told by rex in PM that I dont get to ask for this even though he said in public to ask him? I'm not sure I get this place???

What I said was that IP Team availability is based on the members' commitment, so you asking for someone in particular doesn't do anything. At this point, you're just looking for a fight, and I'm not about to be baited into it. I'll do my job (and most likely end up checking your journal) regardless of what animus you have for me

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi