Can you have a relationship with someone and still be a jedi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #343681 by
Hi Ka Tak here
I was wondering is it against the code to have a relationship with someone just wondering thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #343682 by Carlos.Martinez3
Each code and maxim - each path- each way is represented by each person and their background here. How they practice - how I practice - how we interpret things is up to us and in what light. Strait up - you choose. No pastors - wise folk or self proclaimed anything can tell you what to choose , it’s kinna your freedom to do so. I’m pastor - I got a wife and two kids. I got chickens and trees - I grow chicken, trees, and family.
The joy of each code we choose to follow or glow - the color of our sabers - how we act and talk is totally up to us. Truly, it’s in the seek we find things - then it’s the seek that helps us make those choices. 7 billion people all making the same few choices. Blows my mind some days.

“Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi's life. So you might say, that we are encouraged to love." — Anakin
Compassion and love can be separate or together depending on your choice. Lots of emotions can be a mix and a different range of other characters. Seek- keep seeking ! We as humans have the right to find out and a Modern day Jeddist - it is our freedom to seek and find our own path.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #343753 by JamesSand
As far as I know it is not actively discouraged.

There is a "lesson" in the whole relationship thing as far as following "the path" goes, and whilst they more or less make the point in Star Wars, I think it is more elegantly put in another franchise..

Maester Aemon: "The gods were cruel when they saw fit to test my vow. They waited until I was old. What could I do when the ravens brought the news from the south? The ruin of my house. The death of my family. I was helpless, blind, frail, but when I heard they had killed my brother's son, and his poor son, and the children. Even the little children!"
Jon Snow: "Who are you?"
Maester Aemon: "My father was Maekar, the First of his Name. My brother Aegon reigned after him, when I had refused the throne, and he was followed by his son Aerys, whom they called 'the Mad King'."
Jon Snow: "You're Aemon Targaryen?!'"
Maester Aemon: "I am a maester of the Citadel, bound in service to Castle Black and the Night's Watch. I will not tell you... to stay or go. You must make that choice yourself, and live with it for the rest of your days. As I have."
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
4 years 6 months ago #343754 by ZealotX
I personally think the Jedi prohibition in the movies is based on some apparent prohibition in Buddhist monks and Tibetan monks but both are allowed to marry under different circumstances so it was never a blanket prohibition but I think it was simplified more like the Catholic priesthood for the sake of the the movies.

I think in Jediism if you wanted to take some extra vow of chastity or something like that, no one's going to stop you but I don't think anyone would promote that idea either. I personally, don't think it's generally healthy to be honest. It's like fasting. Sure I can go without food, but for how long? Men have a sexual appetite that isn't unhealthy unless its overactive and self-destructive. If someone has that issue than taking a vow might help. If not, you could unintentionally create an issue.

Sometimes, relationships with women though can be incredibly frustrating and invite unnecessary drama, but... that's not every woman. And staying away from women because of what might happen isn't necessarily a good solution.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Ratapua

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #343755 by
I never said anything about it being with a women

More
4 years 6 months ago #343757 by Kobos

Ka Tak wrote: I never said anything about it being with a women

Ka Tak, you are going to see a lot of personal answers that are from one persons perspective. My answer would also be a woman but only because its my personal experience. That said man, believe me when I say no one here is going to judge based of sexual orientation. Also, you are not the only LGBTQ Jedi here. On the topic of the OP I would say you absolutely can have a relationship. The thing is looking as to whether it is a healthy or negative one. I think as we work down this path of Jediism looking for more ways to live in the now things like the health of your relationship with a person becomes more apparent and important as it relates to the self. So again it comes down to is the relationship healthy or toxic? Are you receiving/giving Love or is it infatuation/lust?

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

More
4 years 6 months ago #343759 by Br. John
Chastity of the body may be miserliness of the spirit. ~ Kahlil Gibran

Founder of The Order

More
4 years 6 months ago #343771 by ZealotX

Ka Tak wrote: I never said anything about it being with a women

Does that make a difference?

More
4 years 6 months ago #343776 by Carlos.Martinez3
Here - A modern day Jeddist believes in a society that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or circumstances of birth such as gender, ethnicity and national origin.
That’s right rim the front page of our site.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
4 years 6 months ago #343799 by Manu

Ka Tak wrote: Hi Ka Tak here
I was wondering is it against the code to have a relationship with someone just wondering thanks

As long as they can (and do) legally consent, go for it.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi